19.2 E Ku-band Astra versus 19.2 E Ka-band Astra versus 28.2 Astra

There are 20 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,493 times. The last Post () by pinokio0.

• Hi.

The default settings for my Tuners doesn't seem to be detecting any channels in the PurE2 on my SAB Triplex STB. The two default options were Hotbird and 19.2 E Ku-band Astra. When I configure the tuner I can see 19.2 E Ka-band Astra and 28.2 Astra 1C/1G/etc. When I choose automatic scan there are zero channels found.

Which should I be choosing to find the most channels?

• Go to Best Answer
  • Something not quite right about mine then. I have tried all the options available in my scan and 163 is max across both Tuner B and C configured for Astra 19.2E and Astra 28.2E

Does it matter what country I am in or if it was originally a Sky Q installation?

• I have two cables so you mean only connect one cable into the back of the SAB & configure the Tuner B to scan 19.2E?

I get all the channels when these cables are connected to the Sky box so I think my tuner configuration is not set correctly in PurE2.

• I tried just connecting one cable to the first connector on the back of the SAB and ran a scan. It doesn't even get past 0% like it has nothing to scan. Tried the other port and the same result. Tried the other cable in the first port & nothing either. Yet when I connect both cables it does find some channels but not any of the expected UK (e.g. BBC etc.) channels.

The default transponder frequency that was set when I installed the image is scanning on is DVB-S 11836H / 27500 / AUTO on 19.2E ku-band Astra 1KR/1L/1M/1N and it is finding no channels at all. What should the frequency be for Ireland?

Edited once, last by motionpotion: added information ().

• Try network scan -on

Clear before scan-on

Polarization-horizontal or vertical

See what you find
    It is not bad to look at the satellite antenna signal. What are the names of those channels and what do you want them to find?

• .How big is your satellite antenna? My advice to you is to look at the signal on the satellite antenna, and if you have one lnb head in excess, try to replace it. Check the cable to see if it is properly inserted into your receiver. if you yourself do not inspect everything properly. We can only guess what it is. Greetings

• .How big is your satellite antenna? My advice to you is to look at the signal on the satellite antenna, and if you have one lnb head in excess, try to replace it. Check the cable to see if it is properly inserted into your receiver. if you yourself do not inspect everything properly. We can only guess what it is. Greetings

It's a normal antenna from Sky originally. Signal from satellite antenna is working fine when I connect it to a SKY box. I tried the 11023 frequency using the SAT Finder and it pulls in 5 channels. Then if I do an automatic scan I can see it iterate through all the frequencies and it finds 122 channels. This is far less than are available on the Sky Box. For example, on the Sky box I get Eurosport 1 & 2 SD but on the SAB box they don't get found.

• Then you have a problem with your SAB box because maybe your tuner doesn't work properly or your tuner configuration is wrong. Try to change the configuration and test, if you haven't tried, if it doesn't then the problem is with your receiver

• I thought that if you have tuner A and B outputs in the receiver, you should change the configuration, if for example it is on tuner A, then switch to tuner B. Maybe you only have one tuner input, I don't know, but if it is one tuner, that is something else. .It could be that your tuner is not working as it should, because it may have burned out and it probably scans 163 channels as you say and no longer finds the other channels.
    I don't know if your receiver can install new drivers, if it has. Maybe it's good to install it to the factory setting, if you know all that, then see. It's very difficult, I can't tell you that, but the only thing is to play with it to try. everything you are not.

• Best Answer

.I don't know what to tell you, except that your tuner is not working, so it can't find all the channels. I don't know if that receiver has drivers that you have to install or not. Maybe you need drivers for the tuner.

• .I don't know what to tell you, except that your tuner is not working, so it can't find all the channels. I don't know if that receiver has drivers that you have to install or not. Maybe you need drivers for the tuner.

That's a good tip. I will try see if there are any drivers I need. I completely reset the whole thing on the weekend & at initial setup I configured the two satellite cables coming into the back of the SAB. This time when I scanned it only scanned those two bands 19.2.e and 28.2e and it found over 200 channels this time. Still it did not find all the channels that come in when the same cables are connected to the SKY box but it did find more channels than before. For example, on SKY box I get Eurosport 1 & 2 SD and I get all the BBC channels. But none of those are found on the SAB box. So the signal is there but somehow some channels are not being found on the SAB box. I will investigate the drivers available and see if they are the issue.

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!