how to enable the serial port for Vu+ Zero 4K in Linux OS

• Hi.

Could someone advise me, how to enable the serial port for Vu+ Zero 4K in Linux OS ?

I learned on the OpenATV forum that this Zero 4K has its serial port "locked" (non-functional for Linux system) after successfully booting the set-top box. And this is really a problem. The serial port cannot then be used in any way under the Linux system, after the set-top box has been successfully booted. This serial port is only "service port" and is active only during the booting of the set-top box. After that, this serial service port is supposed to shut down.

It is an RJ12 connector on the back panel of the Vu+ Zero 4K. And... of course, the pinouts of the RJ12 connector are connected correctly.

I made the RJ12 <-> RS232 adapter myself and it also works without problems on my other set-top box: Vu+ Solo SE V2 (in this set-top box, the serial port works even after booting and while the set-top box is running, as a full-fledged serial port in the system).

I am using the build:

OpenATV 7.3

Linux kernel 4.1.20

ARM chipset

Does anyone know a trick or an unofficial third-party driver that can enable the serial port on the RJ12 connector in the Linux system on the Zero 4K set-top box, even after it boots ?

Thank you in advance for any advice.

• s3n0

Added the Label General Support

VU+ Zero 4K PVR ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver UHD 2160p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!