updating channelist

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 699 times. The last Post () by musogeek.

• hey there

need to ask this been having a wee look at satellites.xml site.

Does this mean if I get an upto date satellites.xml file put it on the box and manually scan without clearing it'll pick up the channel freq's changes and added channels?

Will it end up outside the set bouquet if the above is the right idea?

cheers

sorry if it a daft question still learning my way through all of this.

• Or you can just download an updated channel list from tspanel then all of the work will be done for you.

• an up-to-date satellites.xml file will ensure that if satellites change/add transponders and frequencies then you will be able to pick up the services in the scan. Without the relevant information in the xml file you could miss some channels altogether. If you do a manual scan then there are a couple of options. You can clear channels before the scan, so the old ones go and then you get left with the ones you pick up at the current scan, or you can set the 'Clear before scan' to no, and with this you will pick up new services, and you will be able to find these in the 'new' section for the corresponding satellite - press the down button, then the green button to select satellites, then chose your satellite - select 'new' rather than Services or Providers. The latter will not delete the old entries, neither will either of these ways update the channel in your bouquet list. You will have to do this manually.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!