Team Red bugging me up

There are 21 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,321 times. The last Post () by HoppyJock.

• Hi
    In the past few days when I go into EPG I get an error message and a linux type of reload page comes on, once rebooted, I have a small preview picute of the channel I am on, and the rest of the screen is black. I reboot and all seems ok until I try and use EpG, but none of the channel information is updating.

I am wondering if it is time to move to openmips..

• Not used Team Red for a while now, can't recall the problem - maybe the epg data is corrupted. I think most are moving on to other images, as TeamRed is not really getting much development at the moment - maybe it is good timing as there is a new SIF TeAm image - just had a sneaky look and it looks good (although just a quickie - as my VU+ is doing the business these days).

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• nice one mate, it is a pity as I like the red image, but if they are noy doing any updates then agree it is time to jump, will give the image you suggest a try,,

Thanks

• Not used Team Red for a while now, can't recall the problem - maybe the epg data is corrupted. I think most are moving on to other images, as TeamRed is not really getting much development at the moment - maybe it is good timing as there is a new SIF TeAm image - just had a sneaky look and it looks good (although just a quickie - as my VU+ is doing the business these days).

using the teamred image you do not need to use pre flash, so when I tried to install SiF image, I decompressed the files to a formatted usb stick, rplugged it into box, rebooted and once it had reloaded it still had teared image.

Do i need to do a factory reset before installing the image..

Cheers G

• flash with latest bootloader first - then place all the files in the root of a formatted USB flash drive - shouldn't have any issues - was fine on my HD Solo

• OK, Unzipped the 2 files on preflash onto usb (formatted), unplugged SE, put in usb, restarted SE, waited until fully booted, unplugged SE again, took out usb, put in another usb with image on it, rebooted SE, waited until finished, unplugged the usb, rebooted SE again, still on TEAMRED...what am I doing wrong

• are the files you have on the USB in a folder? If they are - it won't work (well that is the case for the GigaBlue 800HD - so assume the same for the SE) - start from the beginning - format the USB to fat32 - put the files (not in a folder) straight on to the root of your USB drive.

• All your basically doing hoppy is re-flashing it mate

format pen drive
    put bootloader on drive
    plug into box switch on, let it load, once complete switch off take pen drive out
    put whatever image u wish (the files inside the image folder) and tranfer them straight to pen drive
    same as above plug into box bah bah bah

Although its worth mentioning I did notice when I tried a couple of images some flashed with the files only n some flashed with the folder with the files inside on pen drive

Ive put openmips on my grandpa's box going steady - had a bit of bother with team red where it wouldnt keep a stable internet connection from a ADSL modem - strange I thought but openmips is doing the trick.

Havent tried the latest image tho so cant say heehaw on that.

• I had a few issues with Team Red image also. The biggest pain was that it didn't seem to work with Dreamboxedit correctly.

You could send over the bouquets over OK but you would then have to resacan each satellite and none of my DVB-T pensticks would work with it. That put me off the image for good.

I'm running OpenMips on mine at the moment and its all good. I will be trying out the new SIF image in the next few weeks though when i get chance. If the image runs aswell on the Gigablue as the last SIF image i had on my old DM800 i'll be well happy :feel_good:

• ok so I am doing things correctly
    Watching ITV
    Format usb to fat32
    copy preflash to usb
    unplug SE800
    plug in usb,
    power on SE800
    Let it boot,
    take out usb,reformat to fat32
    copy sif to usb
    unplug SE800
    plug usb in
    power on SE800
    Let it reboot
    take out usb
    Still on TEAMRED image
    Reboot SE800

Still on TEAMRED image..

ok folks, any ideas, I was thinking about doing a factory reset as a last measure

Cheers G

• have u tried taking the files out of the sifteam folder?

when I loaded team red it flashed with the files inside flash folder

but

when I tried openmips I had to take the 3 files out of the folder into the root of usb pen

• When youve got sif image on pen drive does it come up with Load or GIGA after uve turned box on?

If it just goes straight to teamred display try either

keeping the 3 files inside sifteam folder and copying folder to pen drive

or

take 3 files out of folder and copy em to pen drive

if that fails try a different pen drive

• are you allowing the half an hourish it takes to reflash? - does it boot to teamread again when the USB containing the other image is plugged in? Have you tried formatting the USB stick with A USB disk formatting tool, rather than the windows tool? - have you tried another image? Explain what is happening on the LED display while you are applying the preflash and when you are installing the image? Have you tried another USB port or an different pen drive?

Lots of questions, but there are several links in the chain and you need to make sure every one is working!

• kbok, best bet is if I do this step by step, then hopefully someone can spot my error.

First formatted usb using utility from here,
    copy the 2 pre flash files Burn (windows batch file 1kb), and CFE (.bin file 279kb) onto usb
    Unplug the GB, put usb in back slot and power back on.
    I then get the following
    On box
    Boot
    counts up, the EO and numbers
    Then back to message boot
    TV shows TeamRed presents, loading
    box display then counts to 25, then after a while it goes to _E2_
    TV shows default channel

And still on Team Red..

Back to you guys

• there u go pre flash is the bootloader mate

------------------edit------

just downloaded the sifteam image and bootloader to see what your actually dealing with

right refer to guide on flashing gigablue

first put burn.bat and cfe.bin onto a freshly formatted pen drive

then plug it in box and power on let it go through the motions (it'll proabably pop up with team red dnt worry) and turn box off

next bit

put the gigablue folder and burn.bat onto a freshly formatted pen drive

then plug it in box and power on let it go through the motions (this bit should take anything between 5 to 30 mins) and turn box off and take pen drive out then switch box back on

that should defo get ur image on

let us know if you still get any problems

• @ s1m0nw followed your guide step by step, but had the usb in with image and it remained on boot for more than an hour, so I retired and same again..

I am about to try the files out of the folders as at the moment the 3 files are in the SE folder, which is in folder called SE

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!