Which Budget Receiver for just IPTV Streaming

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,368 times. The last Post () by bk201.

• My friend uses the SmartIPTV app on a fairly old but good flat screen TV but it won't play MKV or MP4 videos from the VOB library so obviously doesn't have the appropriate codecs built into the firmware. It's a wi-fi TV as he has no terrestrial or satellite connection so I've suggested an addon streaming box as the most economical solution rather then buy a new TV. I've always used Vu+ boxes for satellite and IPTV but have no experience with IPTV only systems like MAG or Android boxes.

Can someone please advise me a reasonably economical solution for viewing and possibly recording IPTV. He'll only need the basic features as he's not tech savy so a top end solution would be a waste of money for him.

• Official Post

Amazon Fire TV Stick or GigaBlue`s new Android11 Giga TV Stick, along with the Tivimate iptv player app. Recording won`t be possible with these options.

If recording is a must, look at the range of Formuler iptv boxes from our sponsor ~ Formuler or the Amiko A9 Green.

• Amazon Fire TV Stick or GigaBlue`s new Android11 Giga TV Stick, along with the Tivimate iptv player app. Recording won`t be possible with these options.

If recording is a must, look at the range of Formuler iptv boxes from our sponsor ~ Formuler or the Amiko A9 Green.

Okay, thanks, I'm looking at the Formuler Z11 Pro from the sponsor, I have no experience with these boxes but have read the description and also about the MyTvOnline 3 app and it looks ideal for what he'll want. He'll need an external USB passport drive if he wants to record lots of content and he already has an IPTV portal subscription so I can set that up for him. I see the Z10 SE is cheaper but only has one USB port and the MyTvOnline 2 app so think it's worth the extra for the Z11 Pro.

Does this seem okay to you.

• Hello, you can try amiko a11 Blu as a budget box, 1gbps Ethernet speed, bluetooth blacklight remote and mytvonline3, released this month :partying face: better Price in Portugal or switzerland for me(100-110$), its dépends where you live i guess^^

Some others boxes are lower prices if u want use it with wifi5/6 ( strong leaps3, xiaomi box v2 or stick v2, chromecast 4K etc..) and with Tivimate / implayer.

as master G said formuler ! beast boxes, auto D.N.S changer appreciated for myself, amiko alse doing this and for certified dolby vision/atmos boxes u got apple tv 4K ( the last one) with lilly player / nokia 8010 or Homatics R 4k plus same boxes these 2but different remotes_

Without price looking my own preference is maybe, a Tv with Q.M.S certfiied and apple tv + lillyplayer if u want use plex or watch some DTS movies with A/V receiver, Nvdia shield/nokia 8010 looking better and if u dont care about all of this^^ just go formuler/amiko :nerd face:

Well u certainly doesnt need these informations but if someone looking for it, the board will show him the thread :D

i didnt mention it for U.S / CA u got some brands with good price Rocktek g2( same specs as homatics/nokia) and Buzztv. For EU u got Medialink and Xsarius boxes! Well, Have a good day Linuxsat :dish:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!