Channelist transfer to multiple boxes

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 953 times. The last Post () by GioppyGio.

• I have several Enigma2 boxes (OpenPLi) under my control. I create my own channel list on one box using Dremboxedit. This list is stored in /etc/enigma2 (see image). How can I find out what each file means.

I know that we can transfer the channellist directly in the Dreamboxedit application to other E2 boxes.

However, I want to do it through the terminal (curl).

Do I need to transfer all files (see picture) to other E2 boxes?

Do I need to delete the entire directory /etc/enigma/ before that?

I want to have the same channellist on all boxes

dbe01.png

• master G

Approved the thread.
  • .You can install E-Channelizer for dreambox, if you have windows 10 and it is simpler for you and you can send all your channel lists to your dreambox. It is enough for you to have the channel list on Dreamboxedit-applikationien installed and just enter the IP address from the other Enigma2 dreambox and you send it to that dreambox. You don't have to insert files into dreambox because it automatically inserts the channel list.

• It's not a solution for me.

I wrote a shell script that is run via remote control (RC).

I have a python http server running, from where I copy files to E2 boxes using curl.

I just want to know if I need all the files from /etc/enigma2.

I noticed that sometimes the contents of /etc/enigma2/ are more files, sometimes less.

• Official Post

It's not a solution for me.

I wrote a shell script that is run via remote control (RC).

I have a python http server running, from where I copy files to E2 boxes using curl.

I just want to know if I need all the files from /etc/enigma2.

I noticed that sometimes the contents of /etc/enigma2/ are more files, sometimes less.

There is a lot of files in etc/enigma2 - some are placed there by plugins and are not channel list related.

Here is a script i use to download a channel list, read the script carefully, you will see im deleting all bouquets before replacing.

The reload bouquets command means that a reboot is NOT required.

This script is easy enough to change to your requirements.

• Via fallback tuner you also have the option to retrieve the channellist and/or the epg from the 'server' box. So I would go for the fallback tuner feature. Just enable fallback tuner and this option and then after a while all is transferred from the 'server' box.

• I'm interested in what dreamboxedit will do if I click on send files to dreambox.

Delete flood files in /etc/enigma2 ?

Does it keep flood files in /etc/enigma2 and overwrite old files with new ones?

• Official Post

I'm interested in what dreamboxedit will do if I click on send files to dreambox.

Try it, from memory there is an option to backup files too

• I'm interested in what dreamboxedit will do if I click on send files to dreambox.

when you send a new list to the decoder with dreamboxedit all the existing files in etc/enigma2 are overwritten with the new ones, xlm included in etc/tuxbox

Saluti a tutti by GioppyGio®

AMICIZIA____________________

Una nave abbastanza grande per portare due persone quando si naviga in buone acque,

ma riservata a una sola quando le acque si fanno difficili.

END____________________

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!