OpenWebif & vuplustv

• Greetings Satellite Enthusiasts,

I hope this message finds everyone well. I am currently delving into the intricacies of OpenWebif and VuPlusTV, both of which offer remarkable functionalities for satellite TV management. One of the most compelling features is the capability to extend my viewing experience to portable devices, such as tablets.

However, I've encountered some technical challenges that I'd like to address:

1. Intermittent Streaming with VuPlusTV: I have organized my channels into various Bouquets, each corresponding to a different satellite. While OpenWebif consistently changes the channels on my television set upon activating the 'Zap' function icon, VuPlusTV's performance is inconsistent. The streaming is sporadic, working at times and failing at others.
    2. Channel Management Post-Scanning: Upon scanning a satellite, the discovered channels are automatically stored in a Bouquet folder labeled 'last scanned.' These channels are accessible via VuPlusTV and can be viewed as long as they remain in this original folder. However, renaming the folder or manually transferring the channels to a new Bouquet using the Set-Top Box (STB) seems to disrupt this functionality.
    3. Bouquet Manipulation Limitations in OpenWebif: While I can easily drag and drop channels between Bouquets using my STB, this feature appears to be absent in OpenWebif. This limitation is perplexing and counterintuitive, given the otherwise comprehensive feature set of OpenWebif.

I would greatly appreciate any insights or solutions from those well-versed in these platforms. Your expertise will be invaluable in resolving these issues.

Best regards!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!