Upgrading Enigma box is flash size a thing?

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 805 times. The last Post () by scoobyjones1.

• Any advice welcome..many thanks...

I am finally replacing my old Zgemma H2S which has been brilliant for years but is now showing it's age. You cannot run the latest Openatv or bouquet makers etc. Due to its lack of ram and or flash it does crash a lot if you try and run fancy skins or too many plugins!

I also now need 4k and hevc 265 codec so the Zgemma will have to go up to the big attic in the sky!

I have been looking at the newer zgemmas because my box has been reliable. Also Octagon, Gigablue... I'm not a fan of VU+ anymore...been there.

I am using an old sky dish for Freesat and the odd free Sky channel... and an aerial for Freeview with a 2TB SSD to record. I also run IPTV at the moment, through the Jedi plugin...it would be nice to be able to record IPTV direct from an EPG as opposed to just quick record?

My main question, obviously RAM size is important and most boxes now seem to have 1GB of RAM but the Flash size varies a lot. Some new Zgemmas have 4gb of flash, I think the Octagon SF8008 has 8gb and the Gigablue UHD runs 8gb. I have seen some boxes with 16gb of flash....the Zgemma 11S has 16gb but not the twin tuners I need...

I have also tried to find an Android, Hybrid box which are great for IPTV but none seem to have DVB S2 AND DVB T2 tuners...apart from some awful cheap quality stuff on Alibaba.

So what are your experiences, opinions as to which box / chipset is best? Is 16gb flash a thing? Is there a box with more RAM?

All the best.

• Official Post

now looking to wait for the new Zgemma H10 with dual OS (or similar!) .... 2GB Ram and 16 GB flash

The H10 sounds good spec wise....

BUT anyone that has used a dual boot device has mostly been disappointed. IMO your better off having an E2 STB for satellite / terrestrial and a Firestick or similar for your app based content. The booting times from android to E2 is just one issue..... switching HDMI takes a second. Also android is crap at satellite.....

• Ottagono 8008...ok 100x100

Zetagemma H7s.c...ok 100x100

Zetagemma H9.2H SE...ok 100x100

Uclan...ok 100x100

test...ok 100x100 enigma2.

VuSolo_VuSOLO.PRO_VuZero_VuSOLO2 SE_DR.800sim japar ed 800SEsim a8p_Mutant 51_4k_GB.UE.4k_DM.920
  • Dont get an android hybrid. They are troublesome.

Any of the budget 4k boxes will suit your needs.

OCTAGON SF8008 S2X TWIN 4K UHD 2x DVB-S2X

AMIKO VIPER 4K V40 UHD TWIN TUNER DVB-S2X

Zgemma H9 Twin 4K UHD 2x DVB-S2X

JediMakerXtream has now been replaced by my new plugin. Bouquet Maker Xtream
    But any bouquet maker plugin allows you to set a timer in advance as long as there is epg for that channel

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• Thanks for that advice...I am thinking probably the Octagon 4k now. Can I download your new version, BMX from Openatv 7? I cannot get the EPG working on IPTV on my old Zgemma which is on 6.3. end of life... poor old Zgemma... not that old ;-)

• now looking to wait for the new Zgemma H10 with dual OS (or similar!) .... 2GB Ram and 16 GB flash

The H10 sounds good spec wise....

BUT anyone that has used a dual boot device has mostly been disappointed. IMO your better off having an E2 STB for satellite / terrestrial and a Firestick or similar for your app based content. The booting times from android to E2 is just one issue..... switching HDMI takes a second. Also android is crap at satellite.....

Thanks. Yes the reviews seem to suggest the dual boot boxes are a lot of trouble so far. I will try to get everything I need from a Linux box, probably Octagon 4k and should that not be sufficient with the apps I can always add an Android box...maybe a Formuler...later on.

• A lot of iptv providers are now using https:// protocol.
    If you are using an older version of epg importer then it wont have the code in for this.
    If your provider does have EPG, then that is probably the reason.

There are many people who still use h2s with all my plugins and no major issues.

• A lot of iptv providers are now using https:// protocol.
    If you are using an older version of epg importer then it wont have the code in for this.
    If your provider does have EPG, then that is probably the reason.

There are many people who still use h2s with all my plugins and no major issues.

Thanks again for your kind help. The IPTV clears fine, I put the m3u file into the Zgemma using Dreambox Control Center...into Jedi playlists, playlists text . My provider has an Https:// URL type link for epg but I did not know where to put that! So I entered it manually with the remote in the Jedi app. Is this wrong? Where should I put that URL?

• Does your iptv line start with https?

Is the iptv and EPG the same domain?

for IPTV at the moment I am using a text file which does start with https. I also could use a .msu file which my provider recommends because then it updates itself. I was previously using this on smart IPTV as a .m3u file uploaded to their server. I don't know if I can upload this for your Jedi epg app...or where to put / how to do that?

The provider also gives a line for epg as a kind of backup I think, because on smart IPTV some of the channels have program info and some don't. I don't normally input the epg line there as it makes no difference on that setup.

The url he has given for epg looks different in terms of domain name and it ends .xml

Thanks for your help...I'm not all that up on epg use...never seem to get it working!

• if you want to drop me a private message (click the conversation bubbles at the top of screen - kiddac as participant),

with your iptv line and your epg url, I will see what is going on with it.

Its quicker than having this conversation.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!