Export the sat positions settings and restore them to another image ?

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 632 times. The last Post () by marsias.

• Hello to all.

Because of a misconfiguration of the antenna, i cannot use usals.(motor system)

All satellites are searched and stored with positional setup.

I have the newnigma2 image, if i wont to change to another image i must search and configure all the satellites again.

is there a way to export these setting to a file and then import these to the other image ?

• marsias

Changed the title of the thread from “Export the sat positions setting to another image ?” to “Export the sat positions settings and restore them to another image ?”.
    • Official Post

With an FTP tool go to /etc/enigma2 folder and backup the settings file.

Open settings file with Notepad++.

Look for entries that start with ~ config.Nims. (these are your dish motor/satellites configuration).

Flash the new image then insert config.Nims entries back into the same file (settings). This will restore your dish motor/satellites configuration, without the need to manually do everything again.

• Hello.

I have tried the following.

Copy all config.Nims entries to the new image etc/enimga2/settings.

With the tool e-channelizer i have copy all channels, bouquets to the new image.

If i go to a channel in which is the antenna current positioned (lets say astra 19.2) all the channel are working.

But if i go to channels which are on another Satellites the Motor does not move at all!

(as i see the tuner configuration settings are empty )

What is here missing ?

PS: image newnigma2 to openpli 12.3

Edited 5 times, last by marsias ().

• Can someone tell me where following settings are stored (E2, newniga2 image).

1. The channels itself for each satellite(motor-dish set up) not the bouquets

2. The Satellite / Position in which a channel is

3. The link between the channels and the satellite position, so that the motor can moved to this position according in which satellite the channel is.

4. The tuner configuration.

Purpose is to change the image. I don't wont setup tuner, satellites(positioner setup) and channels again.

thanks

Edited once, last by marsias ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!