Commando 14.6 DM500 freezing problem, advice please

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 784 times. The last Post () by spudorange.

• Hi firstly I can't even guess how much hard work has gone into this release.
    I realise it's a beta version also.

So thanks for your hard work.

I am not a great fan of the pli jade image mainly due to epg issues, so have jumped at trying 14.6
    after being of advised of it's improvements over 14.5.
    =====================================================================

I have tried it over the last few days in between testing other images including commando 14.5 which are ok and do not freeze.

Example:
    I am trying to set my BBC & ITV region.

I select BBc2 England then ITV Midlands, it then gives a choice of east & west, it then saves it.
    On going back it shows London areas and not Midlands, it then freezes solid requiring hard reset and has done it a few times.

As I say, I know it's beta.

I would also be happy to test such images for them and provide feedback if they wanted as I have spare boxes and time on my hands.

• Official Post

After selecting your regions you need to run the next item on the menu (auto bouquets) after this it will display the correct regions for BBC & ITV, I have been running this since release with no issues what so ever.

• Sorry for slow response

I popped it (14.6) on another box and apart from the odd "appearing to lock problem" it's been fine.

I have all sorts of boxes "on test" and have both motorised and static dishes to switch between.
    I realise that when I have an issue it usually is the image or the box as opposed to my broadband.

I suspect just an iffy flash on first box, hence original "why is my box locking" bleat.

This image is way better than any pli image I have used on a 500 though I do like the openpli image on a vu+ box

Thanks for your help, as always I really do appreciate feedback.

ps (via edit)

thanks, I realised later the part you mention (quoted below) about auto bouquet, but as it was still locking did not post to say I had that bit sorted.

After selecting your regions you need to run the next item on the menu (auto bouquets)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!