Does GTMEDIA devices support WireGuard VPN

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 392 times. The last Post () by cayoenrique.

• At the moment I do not own any GT Media devices. Waiting for my 1rst to arrived. I do not want to step my self over not solid ground, but be aware that there are questions that I will not expect to receive answers.

GT Media produce Sat receivers.

Mars at most is manage by some underground team.

So they are not the same entity. I will not expect neither to see GT Media nor MARS team answering here anyway.

Wiregard, I guess best is if we open a new thread on it. I bet you it will have many pages of replays.

It is good you are trying to protect the best you can do. But do not have to much fate on it.

A quick example. 90% of ALL internet connection have some sort of security on it. But can it secure me from trouble? That is another question.

Lets take this post as sample. Please look at your browser address. You should see "https" it means its encrypted. So NO one should have access to my post information. Yet here you are reading this post. And it is free for reading by anyone signed or not to this forum!!! I know you will say it not the same.

But it is the same concept. One thing is the encrypted digital transaction. Another is what anyone can do after the transaction. And what info we can find if wee look at it. I will not go deeper than this here we can open a new thread for it. In general, my best suggestion is buy you self a low cost programmable router . Install Opensource OS, like Openwrt or DDWRT. Then add any FREE or Pay VPN you can get. Then all your Internet data will get encrypted, Legal and not so legal. All well mix. ButtThis will ONLY protect you from you ISP or Local Institutions. AT the end when your VPN data arrives at the VPN Server it will leave unencrypted to the Internet. It will ALWAYS arrived at the MARS servers without a VPN (Wireguard) protection.

Hopes it helps.

enrique

• I was surprise I guess we have a new thread as Master G move this here.

What I try to say is,

1) Yes do all you can do to feel more safe. Do not listen to my observations ;)

2) But please do not think VPNs give you full protection.

3) Still want to use any sort of VPN. Then do it at Home Router level, So that ALL internet traffic get mix. Your IKS then get hidden inside that mix.

GTMEDIA

GTMEDIA Android Support Forum - firmware, tutorials & downloads for GTMEDIA GT Combo & GTMEDIA GTX Combo.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!