My EPG Timer option buttons have no Descriptions

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 276 times. The last Post () by pebbleridge.

• Hi,

On my Zgemma H.2H sometimes there are no descriptions to let you know what the Red, Green, Yellow and Blue buttons do.

I've notice while trying different Skins that sometimes they are there and sometimes they are not. :thinking face:

On my favourite skin (for the moment) there are no descriptions and I wondered if that was something I could change myself, or is it deep inside the Skin?

Any help would be appreciated.

Back to the Fold with a Zgemma H.2h Combo HD Receiver running OpenAtv 7.3

• You dont actually say what image or skins you are using. ( i wrote that before I even realised who started this post - my new pupil :smiling face: )

But basically the button codes changed a few years ago.

So depending on what image you are using.

It could be new skins don't work as your image is too old (but I think you are using openatv 7.3)

or It could be old skins don't work as your image is new.

Basically all your skins live in /usr/share/enigma2/[skin name]

Depending on the skin, all the screens will be in 1 file called skin.xml

or if using mutliple templates then these files will be imported in skin.xml but coded in other files.

You can edit these xml files with the correct code. But there are literally 100s of screens to go through.

I have a simple plugin that display the screen name you are. It aids in hunting down code to change things in skins

Enigma2 Skin Screen Names Plugin

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• You actually make me laugh the number of questions you ask, but I like it, it reminds me of myself when I started.

I wanted to learn everything I could. :thumbs up:

Hi, your new pupil here again. :star struck:

Thanks again for your usual comprehensive reply, as you have probably guessed from my other posts, I have solved the Timer Buttons problem by switching to Onyx, which looks absolutely great.

Back to the Fold with a Zgemma H.2h Combo HD Receiver running OpenAtv 7.3

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!