Streaming problem with specific CI slot

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 447 times. The last Post () by thedenethor.

• I have a weired problem with streaming some channels over network. Only local network no internet or transcoding involved. As you may already know GB Quad 4K have 2 CI slot. In my case both populated with 2 seperate providers. CI modules supplied by operators. Here is what happens when I try to stream from my local network clients:

Scenerio 1:

Slot 1: Provider 1 CI Module (CAID: 06F8)

Slot 2: Provider 2 CI Module (CAID: 0664)

Streaming over port 8001 works for Provider 2 and FTA but fails for Provider 1. But watching directly from box works for every provider. All CI Assignments are properly configured based on CAID and Provider name.

Scenerio 2 (Switching CI modules between slots):

Slot 1: Provider 2 CI Module (CAID: 0664)

Slot 2: Provider 1 CI Module (CAID: 06F8)

This time streaming over port 8001 works for Provider 1 and FTA but fails for Provider 2. Again, watching directly from box works for every case. This basically show that streaming is not possible for any provider that has it's CI module in Slot 1.

What I mean with "Streaming is not possible" is channels actually stream to clients (VLC, IINA, Plex or any other client) but they are not watchable. I got constant severe distortion in channels as seen below.

Tried with OpenATV 7.3 stable, last 3 beta of 7.4 and OpenPLI 9.0 Stable release. Both modules are CI+ but AFAIK CI+ features not activated by operators. I also don't think something wrong in Slot 1 hardware since it works while watching directly from box. Same setup works for my friend with Vu+Duo 4K.

Any ideas?

2eAKvC4.jpeg

Thanks in advance.

edit: "Include ECM in http streams" and "Unscramble http streams" are both enabled in system settings.

• Thanks for the response; yes they support MTD but I don' t think this is related to that. I think I should be more clear, above scenerios does not meant to be simultaneous. If I try to stream from any CAID that has its module in slot-1, it fails. If I move the CAM to second slot it works. Even the box is in standby state, there is no secondary stream or playback involved. Second slot does not have to be online and decrypting channels to cause the first slot fail. I also disabled the time shift to make sure that was not the issue.

I hope this makes the issue more clear.

• Thanks for the response; yes they support MTD but I don' t think this is related to that. I think I should be more clear, above scenerios does not meant to be simultaneous. If I try to stream from any CAID that has its module in slot-1, it fails. If I move the CAM to second slot it works. Even the box is in standby state, there is no secondary stream or playback involved. Second slot does not have to be online and decrypting channels to cause the first slot fail. I also disabled the time shift to make sure that was not the issue.

I hope this makes the issue more clear.

You tried to swap the 2 CI modules, and always the SLOT1 fails, with both CI Cams, so definitely some problem in the CI management.

FYI :

streaming and ci not supported, ci slot only work with build-in tuners

TS

• I am in learning phase and I am not %100 sure about the terminologies of Linux Sat. environment. by saying "problem in CI management" you mean something possibly wrong with my configuration or something wrong with the OpenATV CI Management implementation?

FYI :

streaming and ci not supported, ci slot only work with build-in tuners

Is this mean that reason for my CI CAMs working for streaming while in slot-2 is just a pure luck? Because reception already happens in build-in tuners. My workflow is not "streaming --> decrypt", it is "decrypt in box --> stream". Is "only work with build-in tuners" means that any type of CI operations only supported only with in the box?

Many thanks for your time :smiling face with halo:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!