Which is the best oscam or cccam to use

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 857 times. The last Post () by s3n0.

• master G

Changed the title of the thread from “Oscom” to “Which is the best oscam or cccam to use”.
  • Hi.

I usually use a softcam client for everything, only CCcam v2.3.0. For softcam server purposes, I prefer to use OSCam - always the current version.

However, everything also depends on which DVB encoding system you use (which CAID)... which softcam communication protocol... how the specific decoding card behaves, etc. etc. etc. .

I use the two listed softcams for the IRDETO system. They proved to be the best for me.

If I tried to use other versions of CCcam as clients, communication stopped working within a few hours or days. A restart of the softcam server was necessary. I thought it was a softcams compatibility error. So, I tested it as a softcam client, also using OSCam. However, it did not help. I also tried different versions of CCcam as softcam clients, but that didn't help either. Only what I mentioned above proved true. So I've been using this "set" for a long time and it works without problems.

/// EDIT :

If you need to use only one softcam exclusively, as a client, e.g. for remote connection, I recommend OSCam despite everything. If you do not plan to combine different softcams and if you will only use one softcam (in one own set-top box), then you should rather use this OSCam. It is a multi-protocol softcam and has a very nice Web-GUI and also a lot of setting options.

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!