Netflix or HBO Max plugin

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 948 times. The last Post () by Satellitboss.

• Short version:

Because no one is so crazy as to tackle and spend their time FOR FREE on the challenge of dealing with MPEG-DASH manifests packaged with various ISO boxes, fragmented with Piff or other security measures.

• I wonder why is nobody trying to create a plugin for Netflix, HBO Max or viaplay? I want that. There is a demand for it. I want enigma2 to develop more. Maybe its dying soon….

I would rather see Enigma 2 running as an apk in Android instead of playing something that wouldn´t work properly because both companies are investing a sh*t load of money to keep those apps running.

• This has nothing to do with time and crazy.

Because there are plugins that are developed for other services, and the developers are not crazy either.

To develop such plugins you need certain rights and APIs and other things, it's so easy to develop a plugin like this.

For example, on Android the app runs with webview, webview is an internal browser for Android that is developed by Google. iOS uses webkit, webkit is developed by Apple. This means that the apps run on the systems without any problems.

But with Enigma2 it's not that simple.

• But with Enigma2 it's not that simple.

This is the point.

And yes, maybe someone is not "crazy" to go into this on e2, but I am speaking for myself; I am not such a person to delve into this on e2. I've created bunch plugins on e2 and a lot similar services for other platforms, but something like this on e2, I wouldn't even consider. Not even for the money.

This is the point.

And yes, maybe someone is not "crazy" to go into this on e2, but I am speaking for myself; I am not such a person to delve into this on e2. I've created bunch plugins on e2 and a lot similar services for other platforms, but something like this on e2, I wouldn't even consider. Not even for the money.

Do you think that are we going to eventually see E2 running as an APK in the future?

This is the point.

Do you think that are we going to eventually see E2 running as an APK in the future?

Well, there are receivers that can do both, e.g. Dreambox two models for e2 for CS and Android for other things.

There are also TVs that have Android on them, but the problem is that you can't use it for CS because they have blocked the DVB-S2 API so that you can access it. Then you wouldn't need external receivers.

You would have to develop completely new receivers that only have Android on them. But even new Android versions, keep current versions.

But the problem is the satellite manufacturers can't help it, it's up to the chip manufacturers to develop their processors and drivers like companies like Amlogic, Mediathek, rockchip,

Allwinner Technology and then these companies would also have to acquire a licence from Google so that you can watch it on HD and also on UHD.

If all these problems are solved, then you wouldn't need E2 anymore. Then you would switch completely to Android.

I don't think the apk for e2 is coming.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!