Receiver stucks at rebooting in 3 seconds when upgrading

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 526 times. The last Post () by KiddaC.

• Hi, since awhile my Octagon SF8008 is not rebooting automatically anymore after flashing online, not matter which image, Open ATV, OpenPli, etc. Also after updating i have to hard reboot to restart. Any ideas?

After flashing online it is stuck at the end of flashing screen and saying rebooting in 3 secs but it doesn't happen.

• Hi, since awhile my Octagon SF8008 is not rebooting automatically anymore after flashing online, not matter which image, Open ATV, OpenPli, etc. Also after updating i have to hard reboot to restart. Any ideas?

After flashing online it is stuck at the end of flashing screen and saying rebooting in 3 secs but it doesn't happen.

I have the same problem as you with this receiver, i use it as my spare box, tried a few things but no luck.

• Ok i dont have this receiver but i have the qviart dual which i believe a simlar receiver. Have you tried a restore image on a usb stick. Turn the receiver off and turn back on whilst holding the power button down. This might allow you to flash the recovery image. If whilst holding the power button do you get reco appear on the receiver screen?

If Updt no longer boots in the usual way, there is a small button on the back that does the same job

called / Recovery (Reset)

Screenshot_1.png

• I mean when I force it to power down while it's stuck at rebooting in 3 seconds, and then power it back on, the receiver works fine, but sometimes the settings get reset. As mentioned above, I tried deleting all images and installing OpenATV through recovery mode using a USB. However, when I tried to update OpenATV, the same issue occurred again, it gets stuck when the update finishes and ofgwrite attempts to reboot the box...

• I mean when I force it to power down while it's stuck at rebooting in 3 seconds, and then power it back on, the receiver works fine, but sometimes the settings get reset. As mentioned above, I tried deleting all images and installing OpenATV through recovery mode using a USB. However, when I tried to update OpenATV, the same issue occurred again, it gets stuck when the update finishes and ofgwrite attempts to reboot the box...

You can use the same method in the previous post. It will return the device to you as if it was new when you used it for the first time, and it will solve every problem. Good luck.

OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD Linux Enigma 2 2160p H.265 HEVC Dual Wifi Multi-Stream DVB-S2X & DVB-C/T2 Combo Receiver

Download OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD (DUAL OS) Images and Enigma2 Team Support from OpenATV - OpenB - OpenPLi - Open Vision - PurE2

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!