What OSCAM configurations for OpenWRT server + 3 decoders?

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 578 times. The last Post () by jenseneverest.

• Hello colleagues.

I'm asking for help because I don't have enough knowledge to deal with this.

Please show me what the OSCAM configuration should look like so that I can use such a configuration at home.

I have 3 decoders at home. One has a card and the other two download data from the main decoder to watch TV programs.

I would like to create a server on a router with OpenWRT and OSCAM installed.

A method of application so that after turning off the main decoder, the remaining two decoders still have access to the programs by downloading data from the server located on the oscam router.

Additionally, I don't know if it is possible for such a configuration to allow me to automatically refresh the dates after obtaining permissions from the main decoder in the server, which will be on the router?

Unless this is not possible and I will have to upload the files manually?

• master G

Approved the thread.
    • Official Post

You have a lot going on here.

1. you need an openWRT router

2. you need an oscam build for that router

3. you will need a compatible usb card reader for that router - what caid is your card ?

The configs would be very similar to what you currently do, but again there is many options do this.

• Thank you very much, my friend, for your interest in my problem.

I have a router with OpenWRT, it is a Netgear WNDR3700v4 model in which I have OSCAM installed in the build version oscam_11702-1_mips_24kc.ipk

I have a Phoenix USB card reader. The card I have is Canal+ Cayman - caid 1884

Edited 5 times, last by amiga77: Unfortunately, I don't know what was copied instead of the image and I can't remove it. ().

• Official Post

Okay that's a good start, Is oscam running on the router ? Do you have the web interface working ? Dose your card initialise ?

If so..... then your question just becomes a normal oscam configuration.

• After entering the router's IP address and oscam port, everything is active.

My card is currently in the decoder, should I connect the reader to the router's USB port and move the card there? I understand that if we insert the card into the router's USB reader, it will not receive further permissions because it does not have access to the satellite signal. How will this work? Will this be possible through appropriate entries in OSCAM?

Can you help me configure OSCAM so that everything works? :)

• Official Post

After entering the router's IP address and oscam port, everything is active.

My card is currently in the decoder, should I connect the reader to the router's USB port and move the card there? I understand that if we insert the card into the router's USB reader, it will not receive further permissions because it does not have access to the satellite signal. How will this work? Will this be possible through appropriate entries in OSCAM?

The updates you refer to are EMM's, as far as i am aware, they are only active on the satellite feed, they update your cards entitlements......

So you will have to update entitlements at some point by putting the card back into a server with a satellite feed...... probably once a month, possibly more, possibly less,

i am not sure with your card.....

So as you can see, in your case it is probably a better idea to not use the router at all, instead use an STB like you are currently.

There is ways of sharing EMM's from other servers that have the same card, but why do that.... when you can simply do it yourself ?

• My friend made me think :)

The idea of placing such a server on the router was born for reasons of stability and convenience.

The decoder in which I have the card also sometimes hangs when I am not at home, or loses access to the configuration during the update, and it is known that the entire restoration process takes some time and in the case of such a backup, the server and everyone at home would still have access to the channels: )

• U can always buy some old used stb and use it as a server or better yet, get a new one, and fix the old one so it can work as a server, or just put the card in other stb, preferably one that can handle running 24/7 since u got three, im sure one isnt broken, and best way to share the card is through cacheex, i had lots of issues when i tried sharing my card across all my rooms just through cccam/camd/scam alone, especially when at least 2 stbs wanted to watch the same channel

Edited once, last by Miecz ().

• After entering the router's IP address and oscam port, everything is active.

If I am not wrong , oscam allows the card to be updated by clients

• Official Post

Yes that is true :thumbs up:

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!