How to do complete backup of DefineOS?

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 687 times. The last Post () by kashmir.

• Can anyone explain to me how I can make a complete backup of the DefineOs and then reinstall all using this backup?

If the DefineOS backup is done through Openatv the settings we have be deleted?

I need to install a recovery image, so using the Openatv image I made a backup of all the images that I have installed on my box.

When I reinstalled the images (via backup), they were all ok except Define OS (lost all the settings I ha installed). :loudly crying face:

• Go to Best Answer
  • I don't know your box but on the qviart dual i think you would boot into the android side, so possible you would boot into defineos and do the back up from there.

My box is Octagon sf8008 4k, this box is multiboot ( Openatv, openpli, Egami and others images), but it doesn't have android.

• Hi, look here and anyway with your octagon, you can access the define files with a program like DCC or others and the place where everything is is there...

/var/volatile/tmp/userdataroot/userdata2/gx/local/

so userdata2 is the location where he installed it, for me it's in userdata4, it's up to you....

Octagon sf 8008 4k

• You can easily install a list of sat channels, not iptv, which you take from another classic image, copy/paste and put them in the link above, in / var / volatile / tmp / userdataroot / userdata2 / gx / local /enigma_db

You can also install your oscam servers, the same in the same place.... / var / volatile / tmp / userdataroot / userdata2 / gx / local /oscam-gx and oscam-smod

• If I want to install my channels list from my atv enigma to the define os which files exactly should I copy & paste from etc/enigma2 folder please?

I dit try copying only 2 files : lamedb & satellites.xml but nothing changed, nothing happened.

octagon sf8008 4K combo

• If I want to install my channels list from my atv enigma to the define os which files exactly should I copy & paste from etc/enigma2 folder please?

I dit try copying only 2 files : lamedb & satellites.xml but nothing changed, nothing happened.

Note: IYou can install an enigma2 list but all preferred channel bouquets wil not be installed.

After installing your list in DefineOs you wil have to create your favorite channel list/bouquets and then save them to a Pen drive.

You have to go to the place mentioned above....

/userdataroot/userdata2/gx/local/enigma_db

I remind you that userdata is where your image is located, it may not be 2, it's 1, 2, 3 or 4

Then the channels file is called userbouquet.1

you edit with your channels like this, the addresses of satellite channels....

#SERVICE 1:0:19:601:1:20FA:DDE0000:0:0:0::6:6:0:0

#SERVICE 1:0:1:18E2:3F4:3:C00000:0:0:0::0:0:0:0

etc......................

you delete the file named userbouquet.1.tv.simple

it will be recreated with your new TV package when the program is launched....

• corpina the solution with dreambox edit app worked OK, thank you for the link.

kashmir you did not answer my question about which files I am to copy & paste from the openATV folder "etc/enigma2"

to define os "/userdataroot/userdata2/gx/local/enigma_db" folder, thanks for responding though.

octagon sf8008 4K combo

• Hi, as I said yesterday in a post that was removed, I will no longer participate in this forum, which was very good, but increasingly corrupted by idiots who know better than everyone....

So, I will do like many, I will come and pick out what I need, for the rest, good luck to all....bye....

OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD Linux Enigma 2 2160p H.265 HEVC Dual Wifi Multi-Stream DVB-S2X & DVB-C/T2 Combo Receiver

Download OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD (DUAL OS) Images and Enigma2 Team Support from OpenATV - OpenB - OpenPLi - Open Vision - PurE2

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!