Oldie newbie needs help

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 511 times. The last Post () by urie.

• I am asking for help in desperation as I am having no joy in getting my softcam working in my new satbox.

I am a total newbie to this sort of thing as well as being quite an 'oldie' in age so am struggling a lot.

I bought an OCTAGON SF8008 4K V2 UHD H.265 E2 Linux Dual Wifi DVB-S2X satbox two weeks ago running OpenVix and have been trying unsuccessfully to get my Clines to work properly with it.

I seem to have it working up to a point but when I pull in an encrypted channel it freezes after ten seconds for a period of 10 seconds, then carries on for ten seconds then repeats this annoying sequence forever.

I have tried following the various posts on similar matters but frankly it all goes over my head as I don't know most of what people are talking about. All I can tell you is what I have done and hopefully someone could advise as to what I am doing wrong.

I have copied both the cccam.cfg and oscam.server files as provided by my supplier into the following two folders on the box using Filezilla;-

/etc

/etc/tuxbox/config

So the files are duplicated in the two folders.

Don't ask me why I chose them. I think it was from following various posts/snippets I saw. But while the softcam seems to run ok and is started each time I switch on, I get this freezing on decrypted channels. The oscam.server file contains the lines;

inactivitytimeout = 30

group = 1

cccversion = 2.3.2

ccckeepalive = 1

audisabled = 1

The cccam.cfg file just gives the two Clines.

I presume the cccversion should be the latest and so vers 2.3.2 should be OK. But why does it still freeze?

Am I putting the files in the wrong folders?

Another thing I tried was to use Oscam which I admit puzzles me as to why there are two softcams, cccam and oscam. Why? Anyway if I try to start oscam from Softcam manager it just comes up with 'No Config files found. Please set up oscam first in /etc/tuxbox/config'. But how? No idea what to do. Wish there was a good laymans guide to all this to avoid all this messing about randomly, but try as I may I cannot find anything.

Sorry for all the detail but I thought the best way is to give as much info as possible to try and convey my problem.

As I say, I am a VERY RAW newbie so please have patience with me. Hope someone can help.

Many thanks

Barry

• master G

Approved the thread.
    • Official Post

Best way to debug what is going on is to use oscam, then look at the live log in its webinterface.

The reason why you get `No Config files found` in softcam manager is because there needs to be an oscam.conf file present in the /etc/tuxbox/config folder. Use the attached version.

Now login to the oscam webinterface with a web browser like firefox/chrome with this link - http://192.168.1.1:8888 (change 192.168.1.1 to the real ip address of the octagon).

Click on the Live log tab, then zap a few different channels on the octagon. The log will provide some info that will help give us an idea what is happening.

My guess is you will see `not found` or `no matching reader` errors with high and unstable ECM times. Which is a provider error and there`s nothing you can do from your side that will fix this.

• For the future, you can always look for a full backup for your equipment and install it on another slot. It's a good way to learn how others do, and you can learn about settings or new plugins and programs that you don't know yet. Make sure you how to install the image on the other slots so that you don't accidentally overwrite Your first image. Backups are in the section FileBase in this forum. I've definitely seen openpli ful backup for octagon 8008. Maybe not the latest, but it can always help with something

• For the future, you can always look for a full backup for your equipment and install it on another slot. It's a good way to learn how others do, and you can learn about settings or new plugins and programs that you don't know yet. Make sure you how to install the image on the other slots so that you don't accidentally overwrite Your first image. Backups are in the section FileBase in this forum. I've definitely seen openpli ful backup for octagon 8008. Maybe not the latest, but it can always help with something

Yes good advice to use backup but not one downloaded you make your own image backup same with settings backup and store them on hard drive or other location.
    what good is someone elses backup they may not even be in same location and satellite configuration will be different.

CCcam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for CCcam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!