Ariva 202e room sharing

There are 20 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,356 times. The last Post () by kingblue.

• I have two 202e receivers, and I am trying to get the room sharing to work for German *** (I subscribe). The instructions are simple enough, but it just does not want to work. I have tried wireless via USB, Powerline via RJ45, and even direct RJ45 onto the DSL router. Despite the internet options working (including FTP updates), the room share is stubborn. Several works resets later, and latest firmware applications haven't helped. Has anybody got this to work?. I would appreciate a glimour of hope before I give up.

• hi he work greats rj45 to rj45 direct box to box , you have to make the master with the card and the slaver the box with no card you can runing in newcam server and the newcam client but if i remember they have to have the same firmwaire and you have to change the mac adresse .

• DNS has to be on, and as you rightly note the MAC addresses need to be different. Unfortunately one of my receivers has decided to turn into a pile of junk after I flashed it - no power. I am trying to recover it, but I think I have consigned it to the STB heaven. I do nòt recognise the screens you show in the PDF though - are these on the 202e?

• sorry for the arriva 202e with manual multiroom

• Yep, I did all as shown, including matching the firmware. It didn't work though. The IP "xxx.xxx.x.244" was selected wichever receiver I made master, before and after factory resets.

• strange i have 2 arriva 102 hd with uk card cable rj45 direct to another box and runing not probleme

alternative one box runing newcs server and another box runing newcs or ccam client very easy ok

• try tu put it back the firm with rs 232 cable shud co m back a LIVE

• I have tried several times. I will keep trying though, as the box is brand new. The STB is seen on COM 3. Tomoroow I will keep trying, increasing the power cycle time every attempt.

• do you have the loader for this stb and the good cable rs232..

• look at the loader epron fro vip ***pirate he post and download it

• I am using a null modem cable, a factory abs (A202E_20120517_V1.17B8.abs) and the original EpromUpgrade tool A202E_3606_EromUpgrade from the manufacturer. I am selecting upgrade with bootloader, but once I start the process, and then switch on the power to (reset) the STB I get the message "Set stb memory error".

• A new day brings a new story. The problem with the corrupt firmware is fixed. The COM port settings on my PC were wrong. Once I aligned them to those of the box, the dump and flash went ahead. The box was still dead, so I flashed it again. It smiled and said "Hello", and would appear to be in perfect health. Note that I used the original loader and firmware from the Ferguson download site. Now to sort out the multi-room issue.

• The two receivers are fine. For good measure I flashed the other one as well via the RS 232 to ensure that they have identical firmware. The multi-room function is still annoyingly not working yet though. Both need to connect both to a router, as DHCP is required. A one-to-one connection is not possible on these boxes I think. I will keep trying though.

• you can connect direct cable rj 45 box to box i have min ok but i give you the possibility to ma box with card like sever in newcs and another box like client and not more problems

• I'm not quite ready to play with newcs yet. The box is supposed to have multiroom capability off the shelf, and it is this I would like to get working. I do wonder if it is the new ***Deutschland card I have that is preventing it, or if I am missing some basic information. If I find the answer Iwill post it. If nothing else I have gained some valuable experience on re-animating badly flashed STBs whilst trying to get this to work.

• I checked the manufacturers site today, and there was a new firmware available. After installing this the multi-room function works perfectly, i.e. no patches or magic needed. v1.19 was the answer. With this firmware I am very happy with the 202e.

• i am happy for you all ok good , you if you put the master on standby you may lost the slaver picture happy happy

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!