Tutorial - Ubuntu Server 11.10, 12.xx, 13.04 x32/x64 - Auto Oscam/CCcam 2.1.3 Install

There are 398 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 150,921 times. The last Post () by master G.

• Hi in first post about Scripts Cleaned & Updated 2013-09-14 ,you find " Renamed cccam binary to cccam_2.1.3 to avoid crontab issues with the cccam checkscript " can some one illuminate moor about this ?so I don't make any mistakes !!Thanks

Hi
    We can use this script on ubuntu 14.04 lTS X86/x64
    Thanks

There is no 14.04 LTS
    EDIT: There is a Beta, I will test & report back
    ....It seems to be just daily builds..
    I would advise you to go for Ubuntu Server 12.04 LTS (support guaranteed until April 2017)
    Or
    Ubuntu Server 13.10 (support guaranteed for 9 months)

Hi in first post about Scripts Cleaned & Updated 2013-09-14 ,you find " Renamed cccam binary to cccam_2.1.3 to avoid crontab issues with the cccam checkscript " can some one illuminate moor about this ?so I don't make any mistakes !!Thanks

If this is a clean setup on a fresh ubuntu/debian install, you dont have to worry about it, just use the script and all contrab / rc.local settings will be fine...
    If you are updating, you will have to clean the files yourself & delete existing scripts etc, etc..

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

Edited 6 times, last by thatfellow ().

• Thanks my friend for your quick reply ,what I edit in CCcamOscamInstall.sh this line echo "03 07 * * 6 root /var/script/LogCleanUp.sh >> /var/cccamlog/CleanUp.log" >> /etc/crontab ............instead "03 07 * * 6 I edit it to 03 07 * * 0
    because want the LogCleanUp work every day ,is it ok I change the 6 with 0 ? thanks

Thanks my friend for your quick reply ,what I edit in CCcamOscamInstall.sh this line echo "03 07 * * 6 root /var/script/LogCleanUp.sh >> /var/cccamlog/CleanUp.log" >> /etc/crontab ............instead "03 07 * * 6 I edit it to 03 07 * * 0
    because want the LogCleanUp work every day ,is it ok I change the 6 with 0 ? thanks

If you are not familiar with editing linux files, Just install as is, then edit /etc/crontab file on the running system..
    Also just change the 6 to *

See this Cron guide by Ten Below:
    Linux Cron Guide

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• Tut updated (Only oscam bin file changed)....

Updated 2014-03-25

Code
    Updated oscam to latest (#9584 at time of upload)
    The last release (Version #8917 had a problem with updating vide0guard cards (including slyuk) through cccam proto)

Anybody with oscam #8917 versions, replace your oscam bin located at /usr/local/bin with this file:
    for x32 system:
    oscam svn9584 x32.rar
    for x64 system:
    oscam svn9584 x64.rar
    Then chmod 755 the file with this command:

Code
    chmod 755 /usr/local/bin/oscam

& Reboot

Edited once, last by thatfellow ().

hi tried the 32 bit file as instructed above, but oscam is now not starting up,
    anyone else tried it, deleted old oscam by mistake also
    cheers and great tutorial from the start Thatfellow

Hi, I think your answer might be in first post?

NOTE: If you install an older (Stable) Version of oscam only to find that it is not starting with the server it is most likely because it is referencing libssl0.9.8.
    To Fix this just run command below:
    Code:

apt-get install libssl0.9.8

• This could be caused by obsolete oscam settings that are conflicting

What happens if you try to run it manually, do you get an error message??

Try

Code
    cd /usr/local/bin
    oscam -b

I know that I compiled those oscam bin's on Debian but I have tested with Ubuntu 12.04 x86 & x64 and all worked well for me..

Also m8, make sure you are using the correct file x32 or x64

Edited once, last by thatfellow ().

• hi

i get
    -bash: /usr/local/bin/oscam: cannot execute binary file

• OK m8, looks like you are trying to execute the x64 bin file on a x32 system..

run this from terminal..

Code
    getconf LONG_BIT

and post result

edit this file as described in post #265..

529474f2.png

Code
    /etc/crontab

You currently have this:

You will want to change it to this:

See the * in Cyan in the last line..

Edited 5 times, last by thatfellow ().

• Hi All,

I'm having a bit of an issue. Everytime I try to log into my Server with WinSCP or Putty as root user, it says "access denied". Any idea why this is happening?

Apologies if this has been covered somewhere in the thread!

mundo7311

Hi All,

I'm having a bit of an issue. Everytime I try to log into my Server with WinSCP or Putty as root user, it says "access denied". Any idea why this is happening?

Apologies if this has been covered somewhere in the thread!

Have you setup root access?

Code
    sudo passwd root

then...
    1.. enter your current user password
    2.. enter new root password of your choice
    3.. re-enter your new root password

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!