ECM high count using OScam

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,143 times. The last Post () by musogeek.

• What is the best way to lower Oscam counts? I share with peers who complain of high ECM counts...I have read about CacheEx but I use only Oscam, no cccam. Is there anything else I can do to lower it.

• Official Post

You should assign services to each of your proxy readers for example if your card is slyuk & your peer owns setanta you would add to your oscam.services file

Code
    [setanta]
    caid                = 0963
    srvid                = C7A7,C7A8

And add to your peers oscam.reader proxy entry,

Code
    services = setanta

Without this any request for caid 0963 would be sent to all readers even if their 0963 card was 2 hops away generating a huge amount of traffic compared to what a cccam server would, here are some useful links to help you.

Generate custom oscam.services

Oscam.services For Sly UK ( sid assign/reject )

Do this for all your proxy readers taking only what you need from each.

• I am finding that some cards work better in Oscam. I am revisiting it using a JSC Sports card, and rather than controlling what I take from others (even though that is something I am starting to work on) - I have created an entry in Oscam.services that I set on each user account that blocks requests for Jsc Sports +9 and +10, which ensures that none of my peers who have this are getting requests for these channels. This works fine because those services are available on different cards, so can still clear, but doesn't generate any more traffic than CCcam would in this respect. Also to start with, it certainly helps in blocking out receiving services from peers on hop 2 where you have ample of the same on hop 1. If you have a card with a Caid and Ident that covers hundreds of services, and you only subscribe to a card that has a few of them services, then Oscam is a nightmare.

Also have a look at loadbalancing and the oscam wiki for more advice on that. you can actually rotate the requests on your server evenly so rather than hitting your fastest peer for requests on a particular service, you can arrange it so that it is evened out, either rotating the requests, or sending them to the one with the lowest usage, and oscam remembers and learns as well, but these stats get reset at intervals that you can define. Oscam is much work, but can work if you use it right, but as ten said you definitely need to deal with the services that are not on your card, but you still will get the problem that even if a peer does give you a reshare of a service that can be subscribed on your card, but isn't, no matter what you do, it will generate more traffic for your peers than CCcam, and will also appear to your peer as hop one - where it should be hop 2.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• master G

Set the Label from UK OSCam to Videoguard2 Cards OSCam

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!