OE2.0 and DM800HD Original

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,800 times. The last Post () by kwabh.

• Dear Admin,
    Whether is it possible to increase/expand the memory of DM800HD.
    The major problem is the space in this box because when I installed latest OE2.0 image on it, remaining space is become too small.
    Is there any solution for this?
    Could this problem sorts after installing internal HDD?
    Please guide thoroughly.
    I am also interested to know whether any way to install image in HDD instead of Flash.
    I have also some question in my mind. Your guidance and help is required.
    As you know the DM800 has low memory upto 60MB in built-in flash. It becomes full after installation of some plugins/skins. What is the solution if I want to install some more plugins like Browser/hbbtv/more skins/plugins?
    It is also fact that the latest OE2.0 image will be released for all enigma2 boxes as well as DM800 and all plugins will also be available for downloading for installation in the feeds. So how can these plugins will be installed in DM800 as its remaining memory becomes very low after installation of simple image?

Thanks for read this post.
    Your comprehensive reply will be appreciated.

• you have to install dreamelite 4 and delete some plug-in for you for the IMAGE work propperly the 800 got very small memory 64 MB

then you can install 02 IMAGE on USB with BA will work ok
    any 1.6 IMAGE in flash the 02 will not work...

PS the 800 cannot be update the memory...only the 800se and the 8000HD can be update to 256 MB

voyger.: A Person with no imagination his a person with no wing."

voyger.:"never make a arguement with an idiot. It will drags you to its own level,and then he will strikes you with His experience."

• Image Freezer und Flash Extender (OE 2.0) would be a solution but the question is will it work with or in dm800HD?yes but for The DM800 is necessary a different approach. freeze device MUST in ext3 (old 800) formatted.all other boxes in /ext4!

Good luck!

• Is this compatable with OE 2.0 images?
    Thanks
    Foz

yes.read this posted by mechatron

The FlashExpander "expands" the Flash memory with an additional device. FlashExpander is NO multiboot-tool.
    Gemini or ICVS is not requered, should work with all images.
    The idea is to check in FlashExpander into CVS.
    FlashExpander was tested with different images, OE1.6 and 2.0.
    For the 7025+ 3 additional packages are required which should be installed separately.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!