OpenAAF 2.0 for GigaBlue bootloader?

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,052 times. The last Post () by mathiaskt.

• bootloaders are not updated anywhere near as often as images so as a rule if a new bootloader is needed, then you would hear about it. Why do you ask? Is it not working for you?

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• if you have updated an image before - which i am sure you have - then why not do the same as you did before - if it doesn't work, then you will know that there might be a new bootloader needed, then at that point you can do a search, and if a new bootloader is needed, then you will probably find out.

I am not being funny, but rather than asking questions, why not find the answers?

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• OK, thanks, that is a newer version of April bootloader (which was needed for 3.1 kernel image)

Which I did not bother to install, as my box with latest openAAF 1.0 with 2.6 kernel does pretty much all I need it to.

1.0 version had only 3 files (vmlinux.gz, burn.bat, rootfsn.img), 2.0 version has 5 files (kernel.bin, rootfs.bin, splash.bin, noforce, imageversion)

It seems that the current openaaf 2.0 is the same image structure as OpenAAF/OpenPLI images were, which need this burn.bat:

sebus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!