dreambox hd tp-link setup help need i have o2 wireless router

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,169 times. The last Post () by dathai60.

• hi i was woundering if anyone could help i recently decided to try tp-link inorder for me to connect my dream box to the internet wirelessly

i installed two tp-link home plugs one near my routher second near my dream box both connected to mains not extension lead with both connected ethernet cables i then clicked pair button on each hope plug and i thought that should been it but however i went to network did test seems like i wasnt connected

has anyone managed to connect tp-link to dream box hd sucessfully anyone give me sort guide

i understand with o2 wireless router i needed dynamic dns in order to set up WAN is this correct

also do i have to input anything in my network setup on my dream box any help will be appreciated :D

many thanks in advance

• the model no i HAVE IS TL-PA211KIT

Dynamic DNS The box is in my dads house apprently you need Dynamic DNS to setup WAN

also i have set DHCP is set to ON in network settings in dream box

• Official Post

There should have been a CD that came with the homeplugs that had the Powerline Utility to connect the homeplugs to your network.

Why couldn’t the Powerline device be detected?

Code
    http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?id=321
  • i managed to get it working on my dream box tp link for some weird reason its not working on another dream box i did a network test on the other dream box

and i get error on the following error name of server comes in red for some wird reason

• hi i just done a network test ip address has come back unconfirmed on the dream box and name server has come back unconfirmed any ideas anyone

• simple... Go into config page of o2 router and give it a fixed channel number rather than auto.

My uncle who stays in my gran house has same modem and I had nothing but bother with it untill i gave it a fixed channel number.

when I went into the config page I seen that the modem wasnt giving the box an ip address then I give it a fixed channel rather than auto and viola it worked.

EDIT

but then again I was using tenda W150 wireless rather than homeplugs I find they have too much interferance with other wireless objects but thats my opinion.

You could give the above a try and see what happens... you will also be able to see if the box has been assigned an ip address.

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!