Motor turning problem - can poor cable cause issue?

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 675 times. The last Post () by refat hassan.

• Ok i have motorised a 1.1m dish with a new motor (previously it was static on 4.8e) and all is aligned well, however if the box (solo + VIX) has been in standby when it comes on the dish symbol flashes but it dowsnt tune to the last channel before standby , choosing another channel on another sat doesnt move the dish, yet if you then go into satfinder it seems to reset and lock a sat and then when you exit the dish tracks and tunes fine? , took the box to mine and its flawless and no issues! , the cable is not copper and looks crap so i can only assume that its causing diseq error? Anyone had any experience of this. It is a clone box but it powers my motor fine ,am going to run a temp cable through the house to test during the week, started as a favour and turns into a big job LOL

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!