Cannot web browse to PC server

There are 21 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,001 times. The last Post () by hs5424.

• Hi All,
    I have installed linux 12.04 on a PC in an attempt to replace my 7020 with a PC server. I am now at the stage that I can connect to the server with putty and locate both cccam and oscam which appear to be in the proper location. However when I try to web browse into the server using both ports 8888 and 16001 I get the message cannot display page. I do not want to proceed to the next stage (in thatfellow tutorial ) until I am sure that I am doing things correctly. I have checked the oscam and cccam configs to confirm that the ports are correct.

Any help appreciated,

HS5424

• Did you change directory to where CCcam is and then try to start manually ?
    And you should try a different version of CCcam before you go any further

• Thanks sync for your reply,
    I followed the tutorial as I am a novice. I cannot browse to oscam also. To be sure can you let me know exactly where oscam and cccam should be so that I can check later. CCcam config is in var/etc/camconfig.
    Thanks in advance.
    HS5424

• oscam configs on my ubuntu server are in
    /usr/local/etc

the oscam bin file is in
    /usr/local/bin

I don't use CCcam now but your bin file could be in a few places depending on setup
    try these locations

/usr/bin
    /usr/local/bin
    /usr/local/etc

and your CCcam.cfg should be in /etc or /var/etc

• Official Post

Thanks sync for your reply,
    I followed the tutorial as I am a novice. I cannot browse to oscam also. To be sure can you let me know exactly where oscam and cccam should be so that I can check later. CCcam config is in var/etc/camconfig.
    Thanks in advance.
    HS5424

Did you craete this directory yourself mate?
    I have not used this script so maybe it is meant to be this way?

Hi All,
    I have installed linux 12.04 on a PC in an attempt to replace my 7020 with a PC server. I am now at the stage that I can connect to the server with putty and locate both cccam and oscam which appear to be in the proper location. However when I try to web browse into the server using both ports 8888 and 16001 I get the message cannot display page. I do not want to proceed to the next stage (in thatfellow tutorial ) until I am sure that I am doing things correctly. I have checked the oscam and cccam configs to confirm that the ports are correct.

Any help appreciated,

HS5424

Did you try what mrgmx suggested to you yesterday?

Have you opened ports mate?

amended the httpallowed line in Oscam Config file

httpallowed = 127.0.0.1,0.0.0.0-255.255.255.255 or something similar

Here is the webif section that auto installs.

Code
    [webif]
    httpport = 8888
    httpuser = admin
    httppwd = admin
    [COLOR='#FFFF00']httpallowed = 192.168.0.0-192.168.254.254[/COLOR]
    httprefresh = 15

If the IP Address of the PC you are trying to access the webif from does not fall within the (192.168.0.0-192.168.254.254) Range then you will have to edit the range as mrgmx suggested yesterday..

httpallowed = 127.0.0.1,0.0.0.0-255.255.255.255 or something similar

If that fails, Can you confirm that cccam & oscam were installed correctly (If you did not edit the username in the script to your own username the script will fail)

To confirm that cccam installed, Run these commands from putty:

Stop cccam:

Code
    sudo killall -9 CCcam.x86_64

Start cccam:

Code
    sudo CCcam.x86_64 -b

Stop oscam:

Code
    sudo killall -9 oscam

Start oscam:

Code
    sudo oscam –b

If you get "no process found" after the commands to start oscam or cccam, you have not followed the tut...

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• Did you craete this directory yourself mate?
    I have not used this script so maybe it is meant to be this way?

The tutorial instructs you to place both ocsam install package and cccam install.sh in a temp folder. When I precede with the set up it appears that they are then moved to their proper location. Just found oscam CCcam by using the search function on the PC. There in usr/local/bin. I cannot browse to them at all.

Any help appreciated.
    HS5424

• The tutorial instructs you to place both ocsam install package and cccam install.sh in a temp folder. When I precede with the set up it appears that they are then moved to their proper location. Just found oscam CCcam by using the search function on the PC. There in usr/local/bin. I cannot browse to them at all.

Any help appreciated.
    HS5424

P.S.
    Just had a look at the oscam and CCcam in the bin. When I open up the file the following only appears ELF. I think that there should be more than three letters. ????.

• Did you look at my suggestions in post 8 above? If you did, at least confirm that you have tried what I suggested and post your results!

The tutorial instructs you to place both ocsam install package and cccam install.sh in a temp folder. When I precede with the set up it appears that they are then moved to their proper location. Just found oscam CCcam by using the search function on the PC. There in usr/local/bin. I cannot browse to them at all.

Any help appreciated.
    HS5424

Not quiet,

M8 I can assure you that you have not followed the tutorial.
    This auto-install has been made as simple & fool proof as possible and has been tested over and over with no problems.
    Please follow the tut word for word before posting any more questions..

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• Did you change directory to where CCcam is and then try to start manually ?

Hi Sync,
    I don't fully understand, where should i move them to? At present, the files are in usr/local/bin.
    Forgot to mention (Hopefully I'm not in trouble) that the PC that I am running the server on is 32-bit. I followed the tutorial that thatfellow posted for automated install on 64-bit. Does 32-bit make a difference?. A friend suggested that it was ok to install on 32 bit??. Is there another thread/tutorial I can follow for 32-bit Ubuntu?

• Official Post

Hi Sync,
    I don't fully understand, where should i move them to? At present, the files are in usr/local/bin.
    Forgot to mention (Hopefully I'm not in trouble) that the PC that I am running the server on is 32-bit. I followed the tutorial that thatfellow posted for automated install on 64-bit. Does 32-bit make a difference?. A friend suggested that it was ok to install on 32 bit??. Is there another thread/tutorial I can follow for 32-bit Ubuntu?

You have installed 64bit cam files on a 32 bit machine this is why its not running, swap the cam binarys for 32bit versions & you should be up & running mate.

• Here are the x32 Binary's. Copy them over the existing binary's, Chmod 755 them and reboot

oscam cccam32.rar

If this does not sort it, start over with the x32 install package in post #13 below
    http://linuxsat-support.com/li…-3-install-package-2.html

• Here are the x32 Binary's. Copy them over the existing binary's, Chmod 755 them and reboot

oscam cccam32.rar

If this does not sort it, start over with the x32 install package in post #13 below
    http://linuxsat-support.com/li…-3-install-package-2.html

Hi thatfellow,
    Some success at last.
    I was not sure of how to change the binaries to 32bit as suggested by Ten Below so I went back to the tutorial in #13 and brought over the 32bit oscam cccam files. To be honest I had to leave the house for half hour and when I returned my 12 year old son had the job done. I can at this time browse into oscam and cccam so hopefully I can now move on to getting 2 smargos installed. I plan to have two cards running in CCcam with the Oscam for an N line to another server if I ever need it. Hope this is the correct way to do this. Any advise appreciated.
    Again thanks for all your help.
    HS5424

Hi thatfellow,
    Some success at last.
    I was not sure of how to change the binaries to 32bit as suggested by Ten Below so I went back to the tutorial in #13 and brought over the 32bit oscam cccam files. To be honest I had to leave the house for half hour and when I returned my 12 year old son had the job done. I can at this time browse into oscam and cccam so hopefully I can now move on to getting 2 smargos installed. I plan to have two cards running in CCcam with the Oscam for an N line to another server if I ever need it. Hope this is the correct way to do this. Any advise appreciated.
    Again thanks for all your help.
    HS5424

If you have not already ordered the smargo's. I would advise getting omnikey's.. I used smargo for a month & switched. Also, there seems to be a lot of unsolved problems popping up on the forum with smargo's over the last few months..

• I will take that on board. I have a spare smargo so I intended trying to get it working first. A friend has 3 smargos which have been working for about a year now, all in the same server. I will take a look at the omnikey. Are they easier to setup.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!