Ok, got a Eaglebox HD800, what to do first? in what order?

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 9,023 times. The last Post () by djdyna123.

• Hello all, got a brand new Eaglebox HD800 and will be rigging it up either Friday/Saturday.

What do I need to do first?

Is it in this order?... Please help, thanx.

1st) Install latest patch:

Download (aquila april 2012 patch) and put on a usb stick and uploaded to the box.
    (To patch by USB):
    Extract the bin file to a USB stick and insert it in your Eaglebox HD
    Go to; Menu - Setting - Upgrade - USB/Card Upgrade - /udska1
    Select the file
    Press OK and wait.. the receiver will reboot.

2nd) Turn on Super Settings and manually input my (Cccam or Newcamd) line and test to see if it is successful.

3rd) Backup/Restore Eaglebox HD Settings

Have I got this order correct? Or must I also install a Softcam???

(EagleboxHD Softcam
    (To load a softcam by USB):
    Extract the key file to a USB stick and insert it in your Eaglebox HD
    Menu - Setting - Upgrade - USB/Card Upgrade - /udska1
    Select the file
    Press OK and wait.. the receiver will reboot.)

• yep that seems right - the last one 'to load a softcam by usb' is referring to softcam key files - not softcam as such - the softcams are enabled by installing the patch and enabling super settings, which you have already covered.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• yep that seems right - the last one 'to load a softcam by usb' is referring to softcam key files - not softcam as such - the softcams are enabled by installing the patch and enabling super settings, which you have already covered.

Ahh ok, it's kinda confusing different forums mention different things, so I just need to complete steps 1,2 & 3 and all should be bob on?

I'm also going to be using a Tenda W150M 150Mbps Mini Wireless AP/Router, but if that doesn't perform to well then i'll resort to using a 10m Ethernet cable until I eventually install some Homeplugs which I really could do with.

• of course before you do step 3, backing up your settings - get your channel lists sorted out as this is what you are backing up! - yes the last step can be done last and is only needed if you want to use softcam keys - which you might not need anyway if you have a share. These are very basic boxes - but at the price they are being sold at now are good value. I bought one for twice the current price and when I sold it I only got the price it is being sold at now!

• of course before you do step 3, backing up your settings - get your channel lists sorted out as this is what you are backing up! - yes the last step can be done last and is only needed if you want to use softcam keys - which you might not need anyway if you have a share. These are very basic boxes - but at the price they are being sold at now are good value. I bought one for twice the current price and when I sold it I only got the price it is being sold at now!

What do you mean "Get your Chanel lists sorted out"? So your referring/suggesting I should create my favorite list/deleting channels etc? Then backup?:) ... Or must i add something to the machine?

Yes they are very basic boxes I know, this is one of the reasons I bought it, my brother has a DM800 and it seems so damn complicated but it's nothing for him since he's a silly Linux guru. o.o

I get a years warranty on it anyway, i'll probably upgrade it to something similar to the DM800pro or something or a VU box at a later date but for now this should certainly make me happy, I only want the Sport/History Channels! :)

BTW, Do you know if this receiver works with 3D channels?

On another note, I herd in the last patch, all radio channels are deleted, does that include music video channels like MTV/Viva etc? As my lass would want them for sure! :(

What do you mean "Get your Chanel lists sorted out"? So your referring/suggesting I should create my favorite list/deleting channels etc? Then backup?:) ... Or must i add something to the machine?

yes - scan for your channels and arrange them how you want then back up.

Don't need to be a linux guru for an enigma receiver - although it does help = that is what we are here for, to help when you are stuck and for all the info on here! I am not a linux guru by any means! - I just use the info that is already there and learn along the way.

as far as I know - radio doesn't work if you patch your box so you would probably want to patch your box and lose the radio - no it doesn't mean music video channels, just radio.

• yes - scan for your channels and arrange them how you want then back up.

Don't need to be a linux guru for an enigma receiver - although it does help = that is what we are here for, to help when you are stuck and for all the info on here! I am not a linux guru by any means! - I just use the info that is already there and learn along the way.

as far as I know - radio doesn't work if you patch your box so you would probably want to patch your box and lose the radio - no it doesn't mean music video channels, just radio.

You have been most helpful, I really appreciate it. Yeah well that's fantastic Radio Channels are so annoying and clutter your receivers up if you don't delete them to begin with, so that's a bonus. There seems to be more and more Radio channels all the time, especially Non English ones!

This is my first Satelite receiver like this, been a while since the good old NTL/virgin days, lol I even remember the On-Digital dodgy solder looking cards hanging out of them lmao.

Anyway, As I said, do you know if this Eaglebox works with 3D channels?
    Do you know if it can decode AAC 5.1 via USB?

• sorry - yes all HD receivers can handle 3D, it is the TV that does the work arranging the side by side images, Not sure if it has any detection and 3D GUI, but you can overcome this by winking, (you will know what i mean if/when you come across it!)

I think it can decode AAC - but not 100% on this one!

• sorry - yes all HD receivers can handle 3D, it is the TV that does the work arranging the side by side images, Not sure if it has any detection and 3D GUI, but you can overcome this by winking, (you will know what i mean if/when you come across it!)

I think it can decode AAC - but not 100% on this one!

Excellent, that covers everything I wanted to know! Thankyou. :)

• let me know if in fact you can really rearrange the favs, as on 4 sites they say u cant and i just binned the mini one of the eagle, as yes, it gets channels, yes u can move things into favs,

BUT you cant then arrange inside

ie, bbc1 bbc2 itv etc , as they didnt bring out a channel editor on their site ( posted in dec last year ) as well as you have to restart cccam each time u reboot

• let me know if in fact you can really rearrange the favs, as on 4 sites they say u cant and i just binned the mini one of the eagle, as yes, it gets channels, yes u can move things into favs,

BUT you cant then arrange inside

ie, bbc1 bbc2 itv etc , as they didnt bring out a channel editor on their site ( posted in dec last year ) as well as you have to restart cccam each time u reboot

Ok I will do when me and my brother connect it all up hopefully Friday Night.
    I also read what you have just mentioned, I read that (if you cannot move the channels in the order you want) the only way to do it is create your favorite channel list in the order like you said, it will take a while yes, but bit by bit, should be worth it.

So you would click BBC1+BBC1 HD Favorited first, BBC 2, BBC3, ITV1 and so on instead of like *** Sports 1 - *** One - Channel 5 etc.

BTW, in your sig with your speedtest screenie, shouldn't you be on 8-10MB upload or are you waiting for Virgin to fix that? :)

• na not updated that yet, but thanks for reminding me, as im still in a high level complaint with them

• Just opened the box of my Eagle HD800, and the USB port is at the back, hmm. The Box and the manual seems all legitimate, there doesn't appear to be any false advertisements like there originally was with the lan share etc. Regarding favorites etc, it mentions that you can create favorites, move channels in order of preference and rename channels etc. I guess i'll see if this is a lie or not :) .... In the hardware section of the manual i'm sure it said it has a 300mhz processor and 2x ddr2 512mb ram, uhmm. I'll do a lil recording of the unboxing later today. The manual does mention about the decoding of video H.264 codec and AAC audio codec etc, but in the file formats, it doesn't mention MKV etc, just Avi, VOB, MPG, Dat. And regarding the digital coax rca ouput, instead of mentioning you can gain a 5.1 audio experience from that it just says "use for a better stereo experience" lol.

[Edit] Yeah in Main system specifications in the manual it says:
    CPU - 300Mhz, BGA.
    Flash - 64M Byte
    S-Dram - DDR2 2X512M,Byte

And i'm a bit worried with the Audio Mode: Left, Right, Stereo
    And SPDIF: Set to Bitstream, Mute, PCM

So Bitstream - will send the raw digital audio without processing out of the receiver to the Amplifier to process/convert

PCM - the player will convert everything to and output as 2 channel PCM

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!