Failed to save remote state cache in CSP

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,375 times. The last Post () by CG121.

• Hi
    Recently I joined a clustered cache with 2 other CSP servers, I also created 2 csp connectors to enable my CSP to connect to either of the external CSP servers should an ecm not be cached (no local clients on any server watching the service)

My CSP (0.9.0 r224) is installed on WinXP and runs perfectly without crashing or rebooting etc..HOWEVER....

Everything seems to function with the exception of the following error being reported on my CSP:

Code
    2012-08-15 17:14:22 - SEVERE: CspCws[REMOTE_SERVER_NAME:*] - Failed to save remote state cache: java.io.FileNotFoundException: cache'REMOTE_SERVER_NAME_MY_USERNAME@remote.hostname.tv.state (The system cannot find the path specified)

I thought perhaps it was trying to save to a remote cache, but using remote.hostname.tv.state which isn't valid...

Is it adding that '.state' to the end of the hostnames stored in the cluster file...?

Is this a problem on my CSP or theirs??

These errors appear for both csp connectors following a CSP restart and periodically during normal operation, but I can't seem to find a combination where I can force this error to appear.

Example:
    If I put a local box on a channel I don't have on my card, CSP uses a csp connector to connect to a remote card. No errors.
    If I put a local box on a channel I know one of the other CSPs is currently serving, I get a mix of F and R as I have balanced our servers to share the card load with us bouncing between our cards, as it seems fairer..
    Regardless of whether I'm getting F & C with my clients and my card, or F & R sharing cards/cache with external CSPs, I can't recreate the error :(

They just show up when they feel like it, especially when the connectors reset due to a remote CSP being restarted..

They always error when I restart my CSP, but the error stops altogether if a disable both the csp connectors..
    [if I leave one csp connector enabled, it will error for that specific connector and not the disabled one]

I'd love to know what it's supposed to be reporting so I can narrow it down as everything appears to work perfectly, apart from the logs files filling up with these damn errors :thumbsdown:

Many thanks for any feedback as I'm stumped :confuse:

CG121

• I am not familar with the setup of CSP running on windows as mine runs on ubuntu server but I did try cache sharing with friends when I started 1st and it was more hassle than it was worth tbh
    It was never really meant to work that way, why not set it up on linux and see how it works for you and if the errors reappear

• Because I don't have a linux server to run it on..

I was hoping someone might know what the fault is, so I can at least start tracing the problem..

It appears everytime a csp connector connects (following a disconnect) so it must be something that happens when my csp connector connects to the remote CSP.

Either the problem is local to my CSP, or it's a problem with the remote CSP install..

Without knowing what the error relates to, it's impossible to work it out..

Even looking through the source code doesn't really tell me much sadly..

Other Not Listed Softcam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for Other Not Listed Softcams - CSP, DreamOS, GBox, NEWCamd, MultiCS, OSCam Smod, OSCam Ymod, SUpcam & Wicardd.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!