Last 64k of Flash

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 891 times. The last Post () by lutz diagram.

• Hi

Im hoping someone can help me. Im just messing about trying to educate myself. Ive done a serial dump of a friends S10 who has 6/7 months left on his sealion.

His box was stuck on "ON" but have managed to get it going but need to get info from dumped flash.

I know its in the last 64k of the 4.00MB dump but messing about with hex editors etc is not my strong point, anyone point on how to extract the info from the dump.

At what address does the last 64k start. I even took a dump from my working box to see if I can spot my sealion info to make comparisons but think Im totally lost.

Thanks

• it's all encrypted,so you won't see anything in the clear.
    You have to copy the last 64k to an older firmware,like september 2011 then load to a receiver.
    you can then dump the cccam.cfg to usb using the old firmware.
    Firmware newer than that won't work.
    address would be 3F0000
    block size 10000 hex

• you put the cursor at address 3F0000 and select block size 10000
    this highlights the 64k chunk,you then copy and paste to a new empty file and save.
    For the old sept 2011 firmware,you would select the 64k block and delete,then paste the previously saved chunk to that.
    The file size when you finish will be identical to all other firmwares,if it isn't ,start over.

• Hi

Updating you that this worked for me. Only thing was that when I pasted saved 64k into old firmware I got file mismatch message a couple of times when trying to upload to my box even though file size was fine.

Then I deleted last 64k and pasted my 64k using the same firmware that was on my box and that loaded fine. Once again thanks m8.

Regards

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!