ariva 102 mini problem

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,071 times. The last Post () by nano.

• hello.
    i have flashed my newly bought ariva 102 mini with a patched firmware and it seems to be ok. but after booting the receiver can not communicate with the TV.ie.
    there is no signal ,
    i tried to switch on/off the TV and the receiver many times and tried to try the receiver with another tv but still i getting no signal .
    my tv does not recognise the reciver althoght there is green light in the infra red receptor on the receiver.
    does my receiver is totaly dead or there is a way to get it to work again
    thanks in advance

• mohalbayati, you have no idea what you are talking about mate.

keep away from this box,no support at all .my box is totaly dead and there is no way to restor the original firmware

There is a lot of support for this box, unfortunately most of its in either German or polish.

From what i can see its easy to restore the firmware on this box through the RS232 jack on the side of the box next to the usb. If its anything like my Ariva 102e you just update it through the RS232 using the Ferguson loader program.

It does however look like your going to have to make a null modem cable for this purpose.

The schematic for the cable can be found here

Code
    http://www.ferguson-digital.eu/en/faq/odbiorniki-ariva-50-250/335-schematic-of-rs232-null-modem-cable-for-ariva-52e.html

You will find the files to recover this receiver underneath this paragraph. you will need to use the eprom upgrade software. Run the software. select the file you need to flash to the box, tick include bootloader and then press next. At that point switch on the receiver and it will update the firmware and the box should come back to life.

Code
    http://www.ferguson-digital.eu/en/download/HD-Satellite-Receivers/ariva-102mini/

These boxes are near on indestructible and are easy to repair if the firmware becomes corrupted. There is support you just have to look for it. Just a word of advice, if your using a wireless dongle with it, make sure you unclick connect automatically as this is what caused the same issue on my 102e.

Nano

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!