Openbox s9 firmware/CCcam.cfg upgrade, from the start

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 13,986 times. The last Post () by bh1ctq.

• Right then, for all who are thinking about buying a HD Openbox s9 for CS.
    Mine arrived today and out of the box it looks ok, a bit bigger than the Dreambox.
    length = 22cm, width = 30cm, depth = 6cm
    From scratch-
    1. Download the latest firmware upgrade (can be found on here if you look).
    2. If you already have an active CS then copy/backup your cccam.cfg file.
    3. Copy the 2 files that you have to a usb flash drive (the firmware and cccam.cfg file).
    4. Plug the usb flash drive into the back of the openbox.
    5. Setup your Openbox as normal, e.g. sat cable, hdmi ,lan, power cable, etc. and turn it on.
    6. On the remote control Press menu, scroll down to tools>upgrade by usb (select the firmware .abs file that?s on your usb drive)>start
    7. It will then ask you if you wish to burn the flash, press ok/yes
    8. The new firmware will now be installed on the box and takes a few mins to complete.
    9. After reboot,press menu>network setup>network setup and turn dhcp on and apply.
    10. Then back to the menu screen and network setup and press>cccam client setup>update files by usb.
    11. Select the cccam.cfg and then press Read .then reboot.
    12. Then back to menu screen and network setup >cccam client setup>manage config files>cccam.cfg,and activate all your lines(you have to highlight each one and activate).
    13. Reboot the box and remove the usb flash drive.
    Now you should have an openbox with upgraded firmware with cccam running and all your lines active.
    You can now do a sat search and set up your favourites.
    Hope this helps
    Any mistakes please let me know.

• hi, all procedure done, but when i go in "manage config files->cccam.cfg i don't read any line. I have a cccam.cfg file on my old decoder inetbox 300s, so i have manually put my line but after reboot i read "you decoder is a clone version" now my decoder is blocked and on display i read "on" but it not start boot procedure. what can i do?

• When you bought over ya file from your old box.. did you open it in notepad ??

I had an issue where I openede the CCcam.cfg file in notepad but saved it as a text file.. the S9 would not read the .cfg file

• First, the file name seems have to be CCcam.cfg instead of cccam.cfg. (not very sure, but you'd better using the right one which a Linux box is case sensitive for file name)
    And then, if a box stop to booting and stuck with "on", so, you need flash the box from serial port.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!