sat signal prob

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 463 times. The last Post () by miltown man.

• hey guys,been a while since iv been on.not been doing much of late.till today,had to install a dish for a friend,he had an oul sly box.some ancient pace yoke he just wanted to use it as fta with no card obviously,no problem,put up dish the hole lot,turned it on 80 pc signal but cant get nothing on,keeps saying not recieving signal.iv changed the box,changed the dish and cable,same story,everything is brand new except the boxes which i know now are working as iv tried them in my own house,,i tried changing freq...to ??current ??12.207 but no joy,tried doin a new installation but it says no default transponder.anybody know what ,y problem could be or any other things i could try,be most greatful......thanks

• it could be the skew on the lnb, if its an old *** dish they have different positions to turn the lnb had this problem once myself they click into different positions as yo turn it about 4 if i remember, it gives signal to the meter but nothing to the box, you
    could try a new lnb if that doesnt sort it

• Down and to the left ¬ I bet your on Astra 19.2 OR Astra 23.5 -
    Did you use a satellite meter ? or just the signal page on the box ?
    the dish has a lower elevation angle than you think !
    i think you should get

738fe.jpg

07d4 transport stream
    0002 network id

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• ya i used a meter,i use the same one always,didn think the box wud show another signal,im getting the 2 signal bars nearly ful but dont think its the same id....maybe your right about the wrong sat.il have to have another stab at it tomorrow.thamks

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!