ha ha ha he he he my azbox booting did not beat me !!!!!!!

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 2,634 times. The last Post () by war3z.

• hi i would like to share my experience with the stuck in booting loop

this has taken me 3 weeks to solve so i thought i will share my solution with you all

After trying all the tuts that are posted some with files and programs i all ways ended up with the zboot fail code FFFFFF and really thought that my box was fooked and need to go to Holland for a jtag bootloader reflash at a cost of 50 euro + post (as no one in uk could do it )

ok i was running open rsi pil on my box and was havin problems moving my dish so i reflashed my box and had a bad flash cut the power and rebooted and this when it got stuck in booting mode

so downloaded the recover azbox zip with all the files and tut
    followed the tut installed putty and pumpkin and tptp file server just be safe
    ordered a ttl usb adapter and wires. on my adapter i had to connect the 5v wire to get putty to run
    followed the tut all went well loaded the new kernel with filezilla updated box and it rebooted yeh right !! stopped with nothing on display waited 30 mins or more no joy turned box off and rebooted and returned to stuck in booting loop ????
    so started again and same thing happened tried this loads of times still no good looked at yarmon and the out put said rebooting and a bit off code and then the line zboot failed (1) error code FFFFFF

so ordered another usb to ttl cable this one had just 3 wires and only needed to connect 3 wires 5v not needed followed tut same result as before boo!! boo!!

pulling hair out now

now to my fix i think this maybe down to what image you were running before it crashed, mine was open rsi pil

running windows 7 64bit on dell laptop

download putty 64 bit

download recover azbox kernel 344 important !!! as the other backup files did not work for me but this where the image you were running might mean you need different kernels
    follow tut

putty 64 bit allows ctrl +c to work

load files with file zilla

update

and it works it reboots yes yes yes watch the putty window you will see it loading the kernel

oh dear it stopped boo boo with open rsi loading on front screen in stead of booting loop
    will not go into rescue mode no ip displayed dam dam
    switched box off and back on still in open rsi booting loop

ok 2 ways to find ip addy look at your router to see if it has given azbox a ip mine did lucky i am

or use jazup 2.4 and use discover ip do not use this to reflash the box wont work just note ip addy and close

now open azup 2.26 put ip in

download latest open rsi pil image and load up and flash box with azup
    it works !! well no stuck with open rsi booting !!!

so next download the latest open rsi kernel because i found out the recovery kernel was to old to run the open rsi pill image
    use azup to load kernel only please tick this box
    let it do its stuff and it will reboot and you now have your box reflashed to open rsi pil and now go back to having fun

so summary for win7 64 bit
    get usb ttl cable
    download putty 64 bit
    download recover azbox kernel 344 files and tut
    download jazup 2.4
    download azup 2.26
    download latest open rsi pil e2 image
    download latest open rsi kernel

goody5555

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!