All current and new Oscam CACHE-EX Users - (must) read this..

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 5,466 times. The last Post () by sunlight786.

• Hello!

It seems that oscam.conf's cacheexwaittime and cachedelay parameters as described in many posts, are only valid for CACHE EX MODE 1.

So..

To all of you using mode-3, set these parameters to 0 to remove them.

--

In stead..

You must use CSP parameter wait_time to set the wait-time for incoming cache3.
    This value is only used, when a CSP IP and Port are also configured.

Example config:

[csp]
    port = 64000
    serverip = 127.0.0.1
    wait_time = 100 #preferred!

You don't need to have/use CSP at all, it's just to enable the wait_time parameter.

--

Furthermore, be aware.. (!), that if you do not set wait_time here, on every cache3 hit, also a normal proxy/cardreader will be used!

--

In other words, without having this part configured, cache3 exchange is useless!

See here for details: #2787 (CACHE-EX Cache3 hits also pulls from proxy/cardreader)

--

Also be aware that CSP wait_time parameter is global.

So all readers will be HOLD for xx ms, for cache to come in, if not there, a real request is processed after xx ms.

--

I did a request on the Oscam dev-board, to replace this CSP parameter with parameter cacheexwaittime for cache-ex.

Also, a waittime per CAID:IDENT is requested, to be able to wait longer/shorter for the available encrypting types (SECA/NDS etc).

• i did try to update and i can see alot of cach3 hit with new buils oscam but chanel frezz glitch every 6 to 8 second . i tried to adjust time between 50 to 300 but no joy.
    when i downgrade the oscam to OSCAM 1.20-unstable_svn build #7805 then it dont freez but cacheex dont work due to old formate so please advise!

here is my config
    [global]
    logfile = /var/log/oscam.log
    cachedelay = 1
    nice = -1
    maxlogsize = 102400
    preferlocalcards = 1
    dropdups = 1
    max_cache_count = 20000

[csp]
    port = 64000
    serverip = 127.0.0.1
    wait_time = 100 #preferred!

############################

please advise

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!