HDD not recognised after vix 3.0 build update

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,367 times. The last Post () by Red legend.

• hey guys, just updated my duo running vix 3.0 with the latest build

when i rebooted my internal HDD shows but it says size 'unavailable' and type 'unavailable' and mount 'none'

when i try to setup the hdd mount, the box just crashes

the mount was perfect before i tried to update to the latest build

my HDD is full of recordings and i really dont want to initialise it because i will lose everything

any ideas guys on how to remount my HDD without losing everything?

Cheers

D.B

• turn off, remove all external USB devices - turn on - go to menu - setup - vix- mount manager - green button to set up mount - and mount it to /media/hdd - and press green to save, then restart system. Only things I can think of if this doesn't work is if the filesystem for some reason isn't compatible, and that when you update from Vix 2.x to 3.0 - it will not be compatible with any backup you have done from your previous install, so if you have used your settings backups from your earlier version it will break the image and you will need to reflash.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• thanks for your reply bud, i was already on vix 3.0 but just updated to a newer build (stable)

just done as you suggested and removed my USB stick, restarted and then the box crashed again and now it wont let me mount the USB stick either

hmmm

• maybe the drive is formatted in ntfs - if that is the case then log in to your receiver on telnet and try the following;

Code
    opkg install ntfs-3g

reboot and fingers crossed!

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• just done a restore mate and all is well, thanks for taking the time to reply

• maybe the drive is formatted in ntfs - if that is the case then log in to your receiver on telnet and try the following;

Code
    opkg install ntfs-3g

reboot and fingers crossed!

Hi I have the same issue, where exactly do i put this file and can i ftp it over?

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!