dual tuner problem

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,982 times. The last Post () by muttleytheplug.

• Hi, can any help me please, can i record one channel on sly and watch another channel on sly at the same time?, thats why i realy bought the alien2 as i thought it could but when i try to watch another channel while recording it asks me if i'm sure and when i say yes it loses the server and i get the scrambled message on screen!!!! any advice would be great please, thank you...................:angry:

• I think basically its one cline to one tuner, so two tuners two clines,,,,,,but I may be wrong,,,,,,,,
    this was answered earlier by sponser,,,,see below

With the Amiko Alien 2 running under Spark and assuming you have the required 'service' to do this yes this should work fine, it has been tested with OScam, you must also make sure your HDD is up to the task (that would be the case for encrypted and/or FTA channels).

• I think basically its one cline to one tuner, so two tuners two clines,,,,,,but I may be wrong

You are wrong.. You can just use one CC-Cam for X tuners.

--

However.. As far as i know, the amiko2 has one DVB-S2 tuner.

If you want to watch one channel, and record another, you need two tuners.
    Unless.. The channel you want to record is on the same transponder.

Basically one tuner locks to one transponder.
    Each transponder has a few channels.. Within these, you can record as much as you like.

• Amiko Alien 2 is twin tuner and therefore if you have two feeds and set up correctly then you should be able to record one channel while watching another. May I ask about your server? Do you have your own card and share to your receiver via server, are you sharing with peers, or do you have just one reader/cline which you obtained from a questionable source?

If the answer is the latter, then this could be your problem, as the service might be poor, or you may have restrictions to the level of requests allowed (anticascading)

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• I looked up the versions on the amiko site, and indeed they have two versions.. both with twin-tuners..
    So.. it "should" work..

• Hi, yes the latter is the case but i have been in touch with him and he assures me that he as other people doing what i want to do with no problems, do you think its because i'm using cccam and not oscam?, i have very limited experiance and can't get oscam on my stb even using the methods on the forums ie pendrive in usb at the back but the plugin doesn't do anything although its detected the pendrive!

• Hi all thanks for your help, i tried the plugin again today on the pendrive and it decided to install, so i put my converted cline into oscam.server and hey presto its works atreat and i can watch one channel and record another at the same time!, so once again thanke for all your help and advice.......

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!