another oscam server question

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,956 times. The last Post () by canthackit.

• I know there's another thread above on this subject, so please accept my apologies for repeating the question.

i think my set up is slightly different, orginally i had the twin tuner (purchased from the sponsors) set up and as a client box using oscam just one file was needed i converted my cccam C lines named the file oscam.server and it worked fine, unfortunately box dosn't support multisat as i'm used to so it has had to go.

i've now just taken possession of a mini Amiko ( Sponsor again) i'm going to use it as a server using just oscam.... thing is i have no idea how to set the box for this, i've converted my cccam F lines got the files but they look far to basic to me and the file is named oscam.user.

can i please ask how many config files do i need? where do they go? and how should the file look properly?

here's an example of how my file looks i have six enteries as the one listed below........looks to simple dont it?

[account]
    user=user1
    pwd=pass1
    group=1
    cccmaxhops=5
    cccreshare=0

sorry for the long explanation.

regards: canthackit

• Well, it depends how you want to have re-share's set etc...

But a normal F-line, like:

F: user1 pass1

- will convert into

[account]
    user=user1
    pwd=pass1
    group=1
    cccmaxhops=2 ## AMOUNT OF HOPS YOU WANT TO SHARE
    cccreshare=0 # DELETE THIS ONE
    cccignoreshare=0

--

add the cccignorereshare parameter to every user.
    It will let Oscam respect all reshare levels set by your peers.

--

To get a conclusion on your server, post your goal, and setup, and according config files.

These are:

- oscam.user (your users file)
    - oscam.server (your readers file)
    - oscam.conf (general config)

• orginally i had the twin tuner (purchased from the sponsors) set up and as a client box using oscam just one file was needed i converted my cccam C lines named the file oscam.server and it worked fine, unfortunately box dosn't support multisat as i'm used to so it has had to go.

Which receiver was that? I can't think of any twin tuner receiver we've sold what won't support multi satellites (unless I've forgotten one of course!)

i've now just taken possession of a mini Amiko ( Sponsor again) i'm going to use it as a server using just oscam.... thing is i have no idea how to set the box for this, i've converted my cccam F lines got the files but they look far to basic to me and the file is named oscam.user.

can i please ask how many config files do i need? where do they go? and how should the file look properly?

The Amiko Mini HD won't support running OScam, it's a closed source receiver which is more like the Openbox / S K Y box receivers (it's got a lot more to offer than they do but a similar kind of receiver in many respects) - is that just a typo and you mean it's the Amiko Alien 2 you've just got from us? If it is the Mini it sounds like it perhaps might not work exactly as you'd thought.

• thanks for the replies guy's

ok i bought the amiko alien2 twin tuners, theres not the settings for mutilsat that i'm used to ie likra or such like as on my db800 or vu+ dou....so thats why the box was no good for me.

looks like i should have done a whole lot more reading on the specs for the mini.......looks like i'm snookered with this box as well now.

EDIT:

sorry for my ignorance so is what you are saying that there are no emulations avalible that will work for the mini? the only 2 the i have very minor experience with are cccam and oscam.

• What he is saying is: You can't install emulators on the alien MINI

--

But! You have no mini, you have the amiko alien2... (right?)

So on that receiver... Both CC-Cam and Oscam are possible.

• no mate i have the mini recieved it today.

i really dont understand this, why has it got a card slot if it dosn't support softcams?

and why does it says this in the advert

"Supports all popular softcams with easy on-screen setup *"

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!