recordings of box

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 759 times. The last Post () by musogeek.

• At the minute i think the only way of doing this is to copy the program you have recorded onto a DVD recorder either directly to disc or onto the internal HDD if it has one.In the sly planner when you select the program that you want to copy it will look for a device that it can record too,as far as i am aware the usb port on the rear is not active on a sly box so having a device connected via a scart lead is the only option at the min.(I think!!!)

Just remember that any of the premium channels (movies etc) that you record will be protected by macrovision,so you can really only play it back from the box it was recorded onto,unless and i have never tried it myself, that when you have it copied over onto a dvd recorder and then go to transfer it to your nas you can get a program to remove the macrovision protection.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• You can do this, in real time, if your laptop has a/v capture hardware and software installed.
    You then connect a cable between the composite video and stereo outputs at the back of your *** box (yellow, red and white phono sockets) and the equivalent inputs of the capture device and use the software to capture the recording as you play it back.

• Why not simply network-copy them to the nas ?

Or even better.. record directly to nas.. ?

(assuming you are using a dreambox 500 as box)

• Why not simply network-copy them to the nas ?

Or even better.. record directly to nas.. ?

(assuming you are using a dreambox 500 as box)

He is using a UK Sly Plus box - now if Rupert gave us this facility, we might actually start to like him a bit:10lol:

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!