Hit a brick wall building first server

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 424 times. The last Post () by guinessguy.

• Hi there,

Been running CS on a DB for a few years but finally got round to building my first dedicated server; mainly forced by crashed to satellite box. Glad I'm doing it but now hit a wall....

A peer referred me to your excellent site and I have tried to use the already available info.

I installed Debian 6.06 on to a PC, added the driver for an omnikey reader and followed this to install cccam and oscam:

http://linuxsat-support.com/li…l-package-debian-6-a.html

Tested Oscam and CCcam as directed and seemed okay but got stuck at this bit of the tutorial:

Once you are happy its working download the configs for your own package here

Oscam configs for all packages

FTP the Oscam configs to the folder /usr/local/ect & restart for them to take effect

If you are new to using a pc server read this

For Beginners - How To Add Lines To Linux Server Using CS Studio

(I intend to use Oscam to decode my cards and CCCam to share to my existing peers.)

I am new to Linux (apart from on the satellite box) so opted for GNOME graphical interface and am doing things via traditional keyboard/monitor - which sure is fine. Not sure if best not to though.

Anyway, I am not sure what I do next. I am stumped how to take it from here, get running and communicate with my sat box and others. Things I'm stuck with include:

1. Communicate with the box remotely - tried DCC as with box but doesn't like it;
    2. Adding an amending the Oscam and CCcam config files;
    3. Applying no-ip.org - do I use the same as my sat box?
    4. Getting live from where I am.

Am help or pointing in the right direction would be a great help and most appreciated.

• Thanks for the response.

I'm stuck on a little more of the basics re linux. I have downloaded the .rar file of CS studio. How do I then extract and run this?

The same also goes for the Oscam config packages here: Forum Gateway - Powered by DnP Firewall

Also re no-ip, on this: http://linuxsat-support.com/li…ested-working-debian.html
    do I enter each command a line at a time followed but enter? Such as $ wget http://www.no-ip.com/client/linux/noip-duc-linux.tar.gz <enter> then $ tar xvf noip-duc-linux.tar.gz <enter>

These sort of commands I'm really stuck with. Apologies if very basis, but unfamiliar with this side of things.

Thanks.

• Managed to connect to Debian Pc via another one on the network via 16001 and 8080 for CCCam and Oscam interfaces respectively. Tried to FTP to the Debian PC but just getting error messages - entered the DEbian PC IP address, root and the root password. I have port 12000 opened on the router for the sat box. Do I need to open a different port for the Debian server?

• I followed the commands for 'HOW TO NO-IP update client for linux'. seemed to work fine until the make line or make install. As instructed entered the command 'sudo apt-get install gcc' which prompted me to enter the password for my user, which I did. I was then given the following message: <username> is not in the sudoers file. This incident will be reported.

• Had been using filezilla but kept erroring. however used tunnelier and worked. Tunnelier showed it used port 22 - popped into filezilla and that works too now - thanks. Just need to try and get the relevant files across and working.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!