how to flash via rs232

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 9,605 times. The last Post () by ashiqnoorm.

• after flashing e2 with e2-plugin, the box stand still by boot.
    no spark, nothing.,
    with rs232 i have connection. how can i flash or boot spark?

the buttons in front doesn´t work now.

thx, but nothing works.

i try to flash e2 with follow:

Hy. It is very simple.
    In Spark you have to install e2upgrade plugin, you found it in downloads section: http://www.sat-support.tv/getfile.php?a=168 All_emu_plugin_Alien_16.07.2012.zip
    Launch e2upgrade from plugin-s (in Spark),
    press RED button start OSD, select Enigma2 directory from USB device;
    you can find latest E2 imagines from Alien2 here:
    http://images.hdmedia-universe.com/spark7162/
    press RED button Upgrade Enigma2,
    wait 1 minute tu install E2, and than you can start E2 from Menu - Settings - Factory setings - Boot to E2

To return to Spark you have to use the Boot procedure with the front pannel:
    When you power up the receivet, you have to push continuous the OK button from the front pannel,
    when Forc appears with the UP or DOWN buttons you can select Spark or E2, than push OK.

after this , i get my problem.

i will tomorrow return the box to dealer.

hi.
    new box, same problem. after flashing E2, succ in display and then nothing.after new start, change to enigma, follow in the terminal

5.After 5 seconds, you will see [Forc] in LED, release [OK] button and press [align=right] Button.
    then press down button > you will see [enig]
    now press [align=right] Button, you will see [fact] for a moment.

are you shure?

not force -> down button -> enigma -> right button -> fact -> ok ?

yes. now i have downgrade to 1.2.51 and will try again.

THANK YOUUUUUU !!!!

you are my hero. it works. but what happen if i upgrade to 1.2.58 ?
    the same? or can i install now any other E2 images?

yes, i know. i have an VU+ Ultimo, but i will try this box for second receiver.

which E2-image support wifi? HDMU didn´t found my usb-wifi

ok, found the option

• hi there i just go a new amiko alien 2 and went to install new firmware we had a power cut went to switch on the box came up with 00.00 and nothing can i do anything to get me back i have a rs232 cable and when to use putty and just a blank screen then comes up saying time out help please

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!