US rules jailbreaking tablets is illegal

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 364 times. The last Post () by pheonix.

• Well its happened its now illegal to jailbreak your ipad including the new ipad mini but according to the ruling its still ok to jailbreak your smartphone ? this ruling has been made in the US, the question has to be what implication`s this now has for all dev`s.

Iam not sure how the devs can now offer a working jailbreak for smartphones but at the same avoid breaking the law by releasing a working jailbreak for tablet`s at the same time.

I think this is going to affect the future sales of the apple`s ipad range and may well push people in the direction of android tablets like the nexus 7 i think apple have shot themselves in the foot on this one.

Code
    http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2220251/us-rules-jailbreaking-tablets-is-illegal

• I dont think it will make a blind bit of difference to be honest. there are tens of thousands of apple fanboys out there who would buy a 10" black mamba if it had the words I-Dildo on the side of it. all this ruling will do is push jail-breaking underground once more. That said more and more people are finally waking up to see that apple's products are not all there cracked up to be, and no i'm not a hater as i have a ipad2 my self.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!