problem with new Ariva 202e

There are 25 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,257 times. The last Post () by rami.

• Hi, first post so be gentle!
    My new 202e has problems.
    I am running standard firmware and it is latest version.
    I have 3 sats (Astra2A, Astra1 and Hotbird) connected.

I am getting "no Signal" at switch on. Changing to a channel off a different sat usually works and then the original channel will be ok.
    I have tried changing the lnb inputs over so that Astra1 is on port 1 instead of Astra2A and that has made no difference.

I notice that Astra2 and Eurobird are listed seperately. Do they both need to be selected? I tried that at first but just got duplicates of all channels.

TIA for any help,

• I have same problem it maybe software related...

• Its probably the receiver doesn't like the DISEqC switch. Ive had that issue before where one DISEqC switch works fine with one receiver and not the other. I changed to a different brand of DISEqC switch and everything worked fine.

My 102e doesn't like the cheaper Golden Media ones which IMHO are crap anyway, It works fine with a Global Invacom one.

I've used Vialuna, BEST and SAB branded ones before without problems, but on my own system i usually use Global Invacom or Fracarro ones.

I usually avoid the cheapo Chinese ones that seem to be flooding eBay at the moment as they are usually only any good to use as paperweights, they are no good as DISEqC switches

Astra 2 & Eurobird 28A & B are considered to be the same cluster, so no they don't need to be listed separately.

Nano

• Since posting I've had time to play and I've found that it doesn't select sats correctly when switching on from "no clock" standby but is ok from normal standby.
    I have a second problem - it won't select a "start-up" channel correctly. It display the selected channel name briefly, this then changes to some random selection of letters and symbols and no channel is displayed. Going into channel list suggests that it is on channel 1 in the "all sats" list. I can live without this feature but wonder if anyone else has this?
    I have the latest official software (B6).

• Hi , I have the same problem here.... Receiver Ferguson Ariva202 , brandnew , latest software . I have Hotbird, Astra 1(A1), Astra 2 (A2) and Astra 3 (A3) connected to a 4xSwitch. Receiver is messaging "nog signal" on 3 LNB's .

After several hours of testing and trying.......
    I need to "zap" between different LNB's until the switch is reacting to give me the signal that I want......Lengh of cable does not matter, even with a short (5m) cable I have the same problem.
    I tried with "Johanson" switch and "HQ SAT-SWITCH 20W" switch , different lenght of cables , problem stays......

• Hi Aciddad , I have the same problem (see forum below ) . Is your problem (not selecting the proper LNB's) solved ? I need to "zap" between different LNB's until the switch is reacting.
    Regards.

Since posting I've had time to play and I've found that it doesn't select sats correctly when switching on from "no clock" standby but is ok from normal standby.
    I have a second problem - it won't select a "start-up" channel correctly. It display the selected channel name briefly, this then changes to some random selection of letters and symbols and no channel is displayed. Going into channel list suggests that it is on channel 1 in the "all sats" list. I can live without this feature but wonder if anyone else has this?
    I have the latest official software (B6).

• As my post, which you quoted.
    I leave the box in normal standby (clock displayed) and have no problems.
    I would not say "solved" but a satisfactory work-around.
    If this doesn't work for you then I can't help, sorry.
    I should add that I had a similar problem some time ago with another receiver/switch setup.
    The switch was ok with one receiver but failed on another. I eventually noticed that one tp on Hotbird
    was very low signal strength and replacing the switch cleared that problem and the switching issue.
    This is the switch I am now using so it does seem that getting a switch and receiver to work together is
    down to mostly luck.
    I hope you get yours sorted.

• Thanks, tomorrow I go to a friend who is working in "the satellite" world (switchers, amplifiers, modulators..... all professional stuff) . We are going to check the "output" signals of de Ariva, mayby this can help, or otherwhise he can advise me which kind of 4xswitch I need to use. Meanwhile I send a mail (with a problem description) to the Ferguson technical guy's in Poland. Hope they answer.
    Regards.
    I let you know if problem is solved.

• Connect using either wifi dongle or lan cable. Go into wifi settings (menu /tools / network local settings) to connect to your network.
    If using wifi, go into wifi manager to setup your network.

• Is your receiver telling you your ip address when you start it up from rocker switch at back?
    If not, go into network settings and turn on dchp.
    If that doesn't work, you may have a problem with your cable or router.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!