cant get to boot into enigma2

There are 17 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,159 times. The last Post () by dreamuser.

• i have the amiko alien2 twin tuner box, i installed a few different enigma2, it says succ and reboots but always boot to spark, wen i hold the ok button then press dwn till ENGI show then press OK, it says BOOT right away and then spark comes up on screen after bout 40sec, maybe im installing the wrong enigma2, it doesnt say on my box what model i have, so dnt no if i have a 7900 or 8900 etc, how do u tell.
    Thanks

• ok thanks, i have installed a few 7162 enigma2 images and no joy, it does everything its meant to do U LD flashing and give succ at end but when i select ENIG from bootup, it just boots spark, i even upgrade the spark to v1.2.58 and try to reflash enigma2, still only boot spark, do i need to use telent to flash image, what could i be doing wrong

• ok thanks for reply, i tryed the spark 1.2.51 from the update menu but still same problem, i have tryed different enigma2 images, some stick on succ, this is 1 of the images i tryed HDMU_1209_E2_spark7162_211_git_4743_nodebug_nolcd_Diff3_ffm_Flash.zip and 1 more thing, some times wen i press dwn to ENIG and press ok it just stays on ENIG but the 00:00 number start changing about every 30 sec 00:01 00:02 etc
    what else could be wrong
    thanks

• ok i tryed that image and still nojoy, it said succ and rebooted but went to spark and i turn off and hold ok and turn back on and press dwn and hit ok on ENIG the Boot comes up right away, the tv has no signal from hdmi cable at dis point then after bour 30sec scree goes blank awhile and then spark logo comes up, is the anyway to reinstall spark and del old enigma images, when i did upgrade to 1.2.51 E2 Boot Upgrade EU and goto my plugins all the plugins i installed arte still their, so mayb something wrong with spark software ansd needs a fresh install, its doin my head in now lol all i want is crossepg to work so can set recordings but dnt work in spark yet, any more ideas
    Thanks

• heres what i do, i copy enigma2 image onto a kingston 4gb datatraveler, the folder on the usb drive is called enigma2 and in that their are 2 files e2jffs2.img and uImage, i put the usb in the back of the box, hold OK and turn on box it comes up FORC, I press down to ENIG, then press right arrow and it comes up FACT, then after a few sec it comes up U LD the LD flashes it goes to 00:01 were the U LD is changes to a cound down, it does 2 cound downs the wen all finished it comes up succ and it reboot it self, i have tryed loads of time with all diff images and still nojoy

• spaceman u dont put :/ u just make a folder called enigma2 and copy to usb stick, i dnt have another kingston usb, i got this for to use for this box, and no it says FACT for like 1 or 2 sec then it changes to U then U LD its self, i dnt need to hit ok, and yes i did format to fat32, i have tryed other usb pens and they dnt work the just sit on FACT

• hold ok on box then when forc hit down to set to enigma2 itl reboot then once rebooted swtich off and insert usb with your enigma2 image inside a folder called enigma2 u should have two files inside enigma2 uimage and e2jiffs.img it should then load

cheers
    osborne82

• thanks for the replys but still no, if i press down to ENIG and if i dnt hit ok the oo:oo number just go up slow 00:01 etc, if i hit ok it come up boot stright away, the after 30 sec or so spark logo comes up on tv screen, i tryed the above, i press dwn to ENIG press ok, boot came up i waited until spark loaded and the tv channels came on then switch of and put usb in back and tun back on and it just booted back to spark, can i format spark and pit new one in, i updated spark to the 1.251 online is it better to update by usb

• no i got it of ebay, so i should ask if he has had this problem from others and if i can return, i cant even get crossepg to work in spark, if i got taht working i would sell thos to my brother and buy a new one

• If you purchased the box of ebay and the dealer is refusing to help, just start a claim with Paypal as the box is not fit for purpose.

If its a reputable dealer he should either rectify the problem or replace the box.

Nano

• If you purchase from ourselves as the exclusive UK distributor we can guarantee you full help and support and make sure the advice we offer is the correct advice - and for sure in this case it's going to be a problem with the U-Boot boot loader which is down to not loading the correct version of Spark with the U-Boot update included before trying to load and boot to an E2 firmware, the trouble is there is some incorrect advice going around about how to cure this and if followed it may mean for now that you'll not be ever be able to boot to E2 at all, PLEASE, PLEASE do not take advice or try anything until you speak to your supplier, if they are a genuine official reseller as authorised by us they should know what to do (and to be clear again this is NOT a hardware issue but rather firmware not being loaded in the correct way). BEWARE as there are a number of sellers and especially so on eBay claiming to be official, the reality is they are not but it's almost impossible for us to police eBay sellers, if you suspect a seller as not being official then simply contact us with their details and we'll be able to confirm for you, you will at least this way know who you are dealing with.

For any of our own customers who come across this issue (which is a very small number and shouldn't happen if you follow our own forum guides) then please DO NOT try to recover this yourself, contact us and we can discuss the options and normally will be able to recover this for you by you returning it to us and for a nominal fee will recover and return to you by carrier delivery. If you have not purchased from us then you will need to speak to your supplier and see what they can offer, you are most welcome to contact us to confirm a supplier as official though if you wish.

• Correct, that's our listing and as the exclusive UK distributor we'll be more than happy to help, I will just again point out because of comments made in this thread by others (not yourself I might add) this is NOT a hardware issue but rather firmware not being loaded in the correct way, give the shop a call though, have your order details to hand and for a nominal fee we should be able to have this recovered and back up and running in no time once it's sent back to us, the girls on the phone should be able to give you all the return details you need so long as you have your order details handy :)

• ok thanks i will phone tomarr, and if it works like meant to went i get it back and crossepg works like it does on dreambox and 1 channel, i will order a few more
    dreamuser

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!