Need some opinions please guys

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 562 times. The last Post () by musogeek.

• Hey fellas, im still teaking my duo to get it eactly the way i want it and have some questions and am hoping you can help me out

1) Whats the best and most stable music player for the vu+ duo? (id like something with a nice interface and i have a 2TB HDD fitted to duo which would store the music in /media/hdd/music)

2) Is there any plugin available for internet radio? (I love listening to dutch dance radio stations)

3) I have a duo downstairs and 2 solos upstairs. If i have the 2 solos connected to my duo's 2TB HDD, could all 3 boxes record to the HDD at simultaneously?

4) I have been using SGNT flipflops bouquets for the last year and just read that he is no longer supporting the bouquets due to illness, whats the next best set of bouquets avalable for 28.2?

Any opinions/suggestions appreciated

Cheers

D.B

• 1. think vix got there own media player you could try first already in the image never used myself yet press filelist i think then click on file you want to play
    4. go to plugins and download autoboquet really good origianlly made by lraizer it updates and sorts channels in to order

• Hello bud,

2, Shoutcast is a very good addon for internet radio,available through our add-ons server on TS panel

4,Catseye is a excellent channel list.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Chers for the replies fellas

@dellboy13:

I knew vix had its own media player buddy but I was after something that could build playlists, shuffle etc rather than just playing 1 file at a time but cheers for taking the time to reply
    I just download the autobouquets plugin you mentioned and it looks spot on so thanks for that :)

@ mckee25:

I will checkout shoutcast now mate via TSPanel..... Hope fully I can find some good european dance radio stations..... cheers fella

I just downloaded and installed yet another music player and added some music to my HDD and built a playlist but cant get it to play the playlist

anyone know the controls for YAMP plugin?

Cheers

D.B

• Thanks Master G,

I took a look at Merlin and it looks very basic, I didnt see any way to create playlists, shuffle etc

I then downloaded YAMP and it looks much better with the ability to create playlists etc but I cant figure out how to get the playlists to play

I think Ive tried every button on the remote control :)

I dont suppose you know how to play the music on YAMP do you mate?

thanks again

D.B

• All Sorted guys

Shoutcast and YAMP all configured and working exactly the way I want

Cheers fellas

• Nobody responded to question 3 so reopened just to put in my two pence worth!

3) I have a duo downstairs and 2 solos upstairs. If i have the 2 solos connected to my duo's 2TB HDD, could all 3 boxes record to the HDD at simultaneously?

Theoretically possible - best if the HDD is fast, and you need a good fast local network, the receiver that contains the HDD needs to share that via Samba or NFS - and on the the client receivers, you need to go to mounts setup, - use Network Browser to browse the network for the Share, and then you should set it as HDD replacement when you mount the network share. My experience of this is that it it doesn't work great, but has some success - SD recording and timeshifting are usually ok, but you could get different results.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!