ip updating client

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 388 times. The last Post () by blacksx.

• i keep trying to install the updater for my debian server but i can only get so far before im prompted to Run ddclient on PPP connect? so when i click ok i get the message blow

To run ddclient as a daemon, please set run_daemon to 'true' in /etc/default/ddclient ... (warning).

now when i go into /etc/default/ddclient and change the value to true, whenever i try and run the client install again it brings up the same error? even when i change the value and reboot it still changes back to false?

anybody else encounter this?

VU Duo VIX OE3.0

OSCAM 1.20-unstable_svn build #6059
    CCcam 2.1.3 server

• i am using the above tut but im still getting the error below. but everytime i go into that flder and change from false to true after i run the client it just changes it back and i get the same error?

"To run ddclient as a daemon, please set run_daemon to 'true' in /etc/default/ddclient ... (warning)."

alot of my problems stem from my network settings and still my debian browser cannot connect to the internet?

help!

VU Duo VIX OE3.0

CCcam 2.1.3 server

• What are the attributes on the folder you are trying to change,775? 755? etc

Looks like you don't have permission to make changes to that folder and that is why is it changing back to false.

Have a look and let us know.

One other thing bud,please do not make posts with "anyone plz!" this only takes up valuable space on the forum,as soon as a member has the answer or can help you with your problem they will reply. Patience is a virtue. beer10

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• i shuld have permission as im logged in as root, when get to the page were u enter the timed intervals it closes the blue screen and goes back to putty? it doesnt give me the option of selecting my ip.dyndns.org account?

VU Duo VIX OE3.0

CCcam 2.1.3 server

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!