Ariva 202e not all scrambled channels clear using MGCAM

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,628 times. The last Post () by nano.

• Hi,

I'm using an Ariva 202e in the bedroom to connect to my Vu+Duo downstairs with MGCAM, some channels work and some are scrambled, e.g. *** Atlantic works, but *** Atlantic+1 is scrambled. Using Oscam as the server I can see the user connected but the logs report its accessing the cache, if anyone has any ideas, it would be much appreciated?

All channels work on the Vu+Duo and another ***Box F3 in another bedroom, both are using MGCAM

I have re-scanned numerous occasions doing blind scan on Astra 28.2E and Hotbird 28.5E

snippet of the OSCAM log for the Ariva 202e user...

channel switched to *** Atlantic

r reader: slot0 ecm: FC4E real time: 430 ms
    r start client thread action 24
    c data from add_job action=24
    r ending thread
    c ecm answer from reader slot0 for ecm FC4E rc=0
    c ncd_send_dcw: er->msgid=7, cl_msgid=7, 80
    c send 31 bytes to client
    c User1 (0963&000000/1268/5F:FC4E): found (433 ms) by slot0 (2 of 2)
    c cw:
    c ending thread

s start client thread action 23
    c data from add_job action=23
    c nmr(): len=2, errno=0
    c received 97 bytes from client

Channel switched to *** Atlantic+1

c ncd_process_ecm: er->msgid=8, cl_msgid=8, 80
    c trying user 'User1' filter 0963:000000
    c 0963:000000 allowed by user 'User1' filter 0963:000000
    c trying server filter 0963:000000
    c 0963:000000 allowed by server filter 0963:000000
    c ncd_send_dcw: er->msgid=8, cl_msgid=8, 80
    c send 31 bytes to client
    c User1 (0963&000000/1268/5F:FC4E): cache1 (0 ms) by slot0 (2 of 2)
    c cw:
    c ending thread

Thanks and regards

• Not sure the cause of the problem, but it seems for some reason the request for atlantic+1 CW is being sent as a request for atlantic - FC4E is showing up as the service id for atlantic and plus 1 - these should be different - so that is why it isn't working i think, but hard to know why it is doing it, could well be a problem with the client receiver if you have no problems with other clients.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Thanks - Maybe it's the firmware upgrade, can anyone suggest an older version of the firmware for this receiver, preferably with a working channel list?

• I tried different firmware, same thing, but managed to connect using newcamd client to a (random ;-) ) newcamd server (still missing *** Atlantic+1), but all the other channels were working so tried using 202e newcamd client with my Oscam server, added a cardclient.conf in /var/tuxbox/config with

newcamd:{oscam-serverip}:{port}:1/0963/0000:{user}:{pwd}:0102030405060708091011121314

even though I could see the user connecting it would never clear any scrambled channel and would keep showing an anonymous user connecting and then disconnect, along with the connected user, so eventually I installed CCcam on the Vu+Duo added the cccam on a different port to the newcamd and hey presto it worked, (still no *** Atlantic+1) but all the other channels were fine.

Has anyone else managed to get the newcamd client connect to an Oscam server, I read a comment on a forum somewhere that the newcamd protocol was broken in Oscam, but MGCam works just not that well on the 202e

use the mgcam client that should fix the problem

Eh? The MGCamd client doesn't work with OSCam on these boxes as stated several times further back in the thread. My 102e connects to my OSCam server with no problems using CCCam client. Can't see there being too much difference between the firmware on the 102e and the 202e.

Nano

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!