Blackhole 1.7.8 (Light Version) Full backup by mckee25

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 670 times. The last Post () by rjwill10.

• I put this backup on my box last night, everything was going well until I did a hard reset. After the reset, the box restarted as usual, however the record/pause function wasn't working, and the EPG data had gone. I checked the hard drive file directory and the "harddisk" file automatically created by this image had disappeared.

I have a standard 160GB internal hard drive connected to the box and on initialisation the hard drive directory appears as “samsungddr”, but when I begin to set up this image with EPG and record functionality, it creates a new folder separate to the standard hard drive directory called “Harddrive” which saves all the relevant EPG and record data.
    The above set up works fine until the box is reset, either by using the hard reset, or a reset from the green screen. When the box reboots, the “harddrive” directory folder has gone and it looks as though the EPG and recorded data is transferred to the default “samnsungddr” folder. Once this happens, the image cannot then find the relevant data for EPG and the record/pause functionality doesn’t work.

To repair the problem I have to initialize the hard drive and start from scratch, but as soon as the box crashes I’m back to square one.

I was having this issue with the other backup image you put up too, so tried this backup thinking it was a bug with the older version of black hole. This hasn’t happened to me before using blackhole. My previous settings, which were working fine didn’t have the TS panel, or the settings that allow me to see box office and interactive channels.

Sorry for the length of this post, I wanted to give as much information as I could though. Any help would be appreciated, I like your back ups.

Thanks

• Ok,the first thing I would do is to mount your HDD,when the backup was made the mountpoint would have been for the HDD installed on my own duo.

When you have done this you will need to reconfigure the crossepg settings,hopefully that should sort the problem out.

Let us know how you get on. beer10

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Thanks, I gave it a go but it didn't work. Once the harddrive is mounted, I then need to set up the cross EPG from scratch as there are no default setting. It's not just the EPG data that moved into the samsunghdd folder, any recordings do too, and the default "harddrive" folder created by BH dissapears.

• Ok,just noticed there that you are using a "Hard Reset" .You should only have to "Restart" or "Restart GUI" after mounting HDD etc or reconfiguring EPG.Using the Hard Reset will only remove those settings each time.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• I just happened to use hard reset, it was doing it after green screening as well. Some of the things I tried to do in the TS panel was causing the box to green screen and wipe the HD data. I've set up 1.7.8 from scratch now and it seems to be working. The thing that seems to be throwing it is that the back up was creating three folders "Harddisk", "Internal Flash" and then "Samsunghdd". When the box crashes or is reset all the folders for EPG and movie etc are dumped into "samsunghdd" and the "harddisk" folder is deleted. It's a weird one.

I've set the box up differently now and it seems to be working well. Thank you for all your help.

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!