Need help getting my hdd setup for recording

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 569 times. The last Post () by BadBlake.

• I just installed a WD 750 GB hdd and would like to get it up and running so I can record to it.
    Is there a thread here that can help me out, or can someone please help me?
    First of all -I have a VU+ UNO with openPLI image ver. 3.0
    The disk is installed -in openpli it auto mounts after restart.
    Nothing happened after I initialized the disk I don't think it worked.
    Can the hdd be initialized with telnet?
    If it can, what's the proper command to initialize it with?
    There is nothing in the VU manual about any of this.

Please help..

• If the drive is already mounted you should not need to initialize it,there may be a option under mount manger to format the drive,this should give you the option to set partitions.In the image somewhere there should be a option in the menu to "Customize".You may have to set this to expert.Then hopefully you will see a menu for Recording paths,have a look in here,see what it is set too.

Just one thing,at the minute with the HDD mounted if you press the record button on the remote what happens???

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• If the drive is already mounted you should not need to initialize it,there may be a option under mount manger to format the drive,this should give you the option to set partitions.In the image somewhere there should be a option in the menu to "Customize".You may have to set this to expert.Then hopefully you will see a menu for Recording paths,have a look in here,see what it is set too.

Just one thing,at the minute with the HDD mounted if you press the record button on the remote what happens???

I get a message saying "No hdd found or hdd not initialized".

VU+ UNO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!