Ariva 202e , brandnew unit , sometimes reception , sometimes not.......

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 547 times. The last Post () by vandenr.

• Hi, I Cannot select transmitters or cannot switch properly between my 4 LNB’s (Astra1 Astra3 Astra2 and Hotbird) without having ALWAYS reception with image (FTA or Scrambled …. and of course I use a fitted smart-card for the Scrambled signals…..) .

For example :
    1) If I select a transmitter , for example , on Astra 3 , I have no image (waiting 5-10 seconds).
    2) When I select another transmitter , for example , on Astra 1 , I have image.
    3) When I go back to the same transmitter as in 1) , then I got image !
    4) When I select again the same transmitter as in 2) , there is a big chance that there is no image !
    This is happening on all 4 LNB’s

Another example :
    When I do a transmitter scan on all 4 satellites at once , a lot of known transmitters (FTA and Scrambled) are missing in the reception list. When I do another scan (after deleting the first scan) , other (or same as in first scan) transmitters are missing in the reception list. So I had a lot of work to have my wanted transmitters……(manual scan on specific transponder)

Only if I repeatly switch several times between the 4 LNB’s (with a working remote control) I got reception and image on the transmitter that I want…..
    To select another transmitter , I have to do the same thing again, sometimes it works (= reception with image) , sometimes it does not work (= no reception and no image).

Tested with a cable lengt of +/- 10m between receiver and 4to1switch. the Satellite signal is strong (weakest signal is 85%) and has good quality (more than 80%)

I tried 4 different brands of 4to1switchers (Johanson 9214 , FUD 2W , HQ SatSwitch 20W and EMP Centauri S4/1PCN-W1) but always with the same bad result .
    I tried with my “older Low-Cost Koenig SDCR10” and Homecast 9000 receiver, even with a longer cable length (about 20m) between 4to1switch and these receivers , and I had immediate reception with image without any problems , on all 4 LNB’s.

So, the problem is not the 4to1switch and neither the remote control…..

Ariva is upgraded with latest “genuine” Ferguson Ariva 202E software V1.20B6 and several “factory resettings” have been done.

PS: What means the indication of the front LED (under the clock) : Red = standby , Green = ? , Not lightning (....of course power in on and a channel is selected.....) = ?

• I used have an issue with my old Technomate TMS1500 where the receiver would select an lnb and it would then stick there and no matter what you did the switch would not release the port.

It turned out to be an issue with the lnb (MTi Blueline). When i removed the lnb and replaced it with a cheepo one it worked fine. It may be worth checking the lnbs.

Mt 102e works fine with a satcon 4way diseqc switch. The only difference between the 2 receivers is yours has a CI slot and mine doesn't and i alsso has an extra USB slot on the rear.

Nano

• Hi Nano , I use quad-LNB's (yes, I use 4 receivers.....) and I switched already the cables at the LNB connection. And as I said , my "previous" Low-cost Köenig receiver dit not had any problem.....

And second issue but less important than switch/reception issue : a couple of weeks ago , I could watch Youtube (and other stuff.......) without any problem , since a couple of days I only have a message "network is not available" (wireless , or even wired, and Ariva confirms that there is a connection with my router)

Regards

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!